Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(3 star). See all 118 reviews
on November 30, 2017
Good idea...if only you can get both to agree
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 6, 2015
Highly recommend, very helpful and I'm getting positive results
on May 12, 2016
Even though is is a great book for struggling marriages, it does not helps if your spouse is going thru a midlife crisis, because for this kind of situation, nothing helps. There is nothing you can do to save your marriage.
on January 8, 2015
For a friend
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Top Contributor: Campingon September 17, 2017
I didn't find it all the helpful and just donated it. Maybe it was just me but not much substance here for me I guess.
on May 16, 2013
I am only on chapter 6 but have found the book interesting and helpful. It is refreshing to see a new approach to the divorce problem. Useful information that is certainly worthy of trying.
on October 22, 2007
I agree with A Customer on this one. While this book is very matter of fact, it doesn't get into the touchy feely side like other books I have read (that's a good thing), it has clear steps on what do to and how to do. The practical side of me likes that.

However, I think that most of the scenarios she described were run-of-the-mill problems as the previous poster suggested. I was thinking, these people are getting divorced over this? This should be a marriage communication book, not a brink of divorce book. She did mention in the beginning about abusive relationships. Not ALL marriages should be salvaged, so she did point that out. Unfortunately, I don't believe everything else that is non-abusive should be saved. Some people out there ARE happier without the emotionally abusive, passive aggressive person and do find better.

It then left me to analyze the issues I have in my own relationship and I still question whether it's worth saving. After reading the book, I didn't feel overwhelmed with a gung-ho attitude that I'm saving this shambles of a relationship come hell or high water. The issues I am seeing are more serious (not as serious as physical abuse or drug addiction). I'm still questioning it - I don't know if I want it to work. I guess I am still open to new ideas as I keep reading books rather than getting out.

The step where you write down what you are seeking in a good marriage (turning complaints into attainable positive goals) did take me sometime to formulate and was beneficial However, I came up with an entirely different person - one I don't think my spouse can or wants to be.

The book seems to black and white to me, but perhaps what I am searching for I won't be able to find in a book.
11 comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 1, 2004
At first, I thought this book had some really good tips to follow to help save my marriage. But what the book doesn't tell is that if you are constantly hitting a brick wall that it's time to move on. It keeps telling you (btw...I got the feeling this book is writen for the woman to win her husband back) to put your feelings completely aside and "trick" him by not dealing with the problem at all until he's ready to listen. What if you are married to a guy who thinks every time you "share your feelings" you are making a direct attack upon him even if he knows he was dead wrong? This writer's advice may work occasionally but the reality is that not all spouses are mature and able to apply Ms. Davis' theory in practice.
11 comment| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 29, 2013
I really don't have much to say about this book. I chose to write this review because I know some desperate man or woman is searching for answers on how to repair a broken marriage...Just as I was. seeing all these amazing reviews I was so excited to get this book. But also being a believer (in Christ) I knew this book wouldn't give me what I wanted. but like I said...I was desperate. I think I put too much hope in this book. After I read this book (what I actually did read) it hit me.....a lot of this is common sense. A lot of it is things we've told ourselves to do over and over again but then we think "Maybe this will work" let me save you money.

whatever you are doing to try to keep/convince your spouse....JUST STOP!!!!! save your dignity and self respect. making them felt guilty and trying to convince them to stay is pushing them right out the door. your ways of trying to help aren't helping!! See....you've probably thought that to yourself once or twice already haven't you? As I am also in your shoes, please know that I understand how hard this can be (and sometimes it seems impossible) but you just need to ACCEPT what is going to happen, and focus on keeping yourself together. love yourself, do something for yourself, find and try new things.

ive seen more change in my marriage through prayer than I have in doing what this book recommends. you don't need to be a religious person, for God to hear your prayers. you don't need to be religious to ask for strength...or to forgive your spouse. and you don't need to be religious to know, that sometimes...when we want to see changes in our spouse...we sometimes have to be the ones to change. sometimes we need to let go of control and just be still.
on October 13, 2016
Since I didn't purchase this book I have to assume my husband did and I can honestly say he's not following any of the possible suggestions; which means I'm not benefiting from it at all. Our marriage sucks.