Top positive review
Dropped Phone, Great Protection
on December 21, 2011
I have used several types of phone covers over the years and this is easily my favorites. I work out of my car and sometimes drop my phones. Case in point, I dropped my GN today - a 3 to 3 1/2 foot drop with the corner of the phone hitting the pavement. It was a hard hit but my phone was well protected. The screen is completely in tact (no scratches even without the screen protector) and the phone itself is like new. The cover has taken some damage but still looks professional.
- great phone protection
- the cover fits snug over the phone, but is easy enough to remove to exchange a battery if needed.
- volume rocker is more sensitive with the cover (good when you are trying to change the volume)
- very easy to slide phone into pockets
- just enough tactile feel to hold comfortably
- low profile / thin cover does not add significant bulk to the phone
- does not attract lint
- volume rocker is more sensitive with the cover (bad when you are trying to hit the power button, but keep changing volume (and the screen just won't shut off). This is more of a (slight) con that I have with the GN in general (button placement) but is heightened with this cover
- less tactile feel than rubberized covers (phone with this cover will still slide off of notebooks, paper, etc (and this is the reason why I dropped my phone today). I do not blame the cover, as I am just used to a rubber phone cover with my previous phone).
- I also felt the screen cover was a lint magnet and was difficult to put on. I had far too many lint bubbles and abandoned it entirely. I feel the case was worth it without the screen so I am not taking away a star for this.
I highly recommend this cover for the GN (LTE, standard battery). It provides great phone protection, is professional looking, and is easy to use. It is not perfect, but is a great product for the price. I would give it a 9 out of 10 (4.5 stars) if I could.