- Paperback: 182 pages
- Publisher: Artemisia Books (November 12, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780982668993
- ISBN-13: 978-0982668993
- ASIN: 0982668996
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.5 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,668,923 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Djoliba Crossing: Journeys Into West African Music and Culture Paperback – November 12, 2013
From the Author
During my time in Guinea, I primarily studied the djembe and dunun music of the Hamanah region of central Guinea, as well as the traditional Fulani flute (or tambin, a three-holed transverse flute). Under the tutelage of my teachers (Famoudou Konaté, Lancine Conde, Sayon Camara, Nansady Keita, and many others), I learned and recorded many dozens of traditional pieces of music -- a few of which are featured in this book.