Do-All Outdoors Backyard Clayhawk 3/4 Cock Clay Pigeon Skeep Thrower Trap
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||22.88 x 7.75 x 4.75 inches|
|Item Weight||21.8 Pounds|
|Number of Pieces||5|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- The Sprocket mechanism allow you to throws clay targets up 70 yards in all directions at any angle on all planes allowing you to mimic the hopping of a rabbit or the flight of a duck. It allows you to use any shape or size of clay target.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Sturdy steel construction with triangular base. Ground stabilizing spikes are included to help secure trap shooter while in use.
- EASY TO USE: Easy cocking that automatically returns to three-quarters after each shot makes this simple and easy-to-use. The Hi-Viz Orange safety ring provides a great visual indicator of the throwing arm path.
- IDEAL FOR WEEKEND SHOOTERS: The ClayHawk is perfect casual backyard trap for the weekend shooter.
- VERSATILE USE: An adjustable sliding clip allows for speed and directional change. The ClayHawk can throw 5 targets sets as single or doubles.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Do-All Outdoors - Competitor, Full Cock Trap
Trius Original Trap
Do-All Outdoors - Professional Single 3/4 Cock Trap
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Item Dimensions||22.88 x 7.75 x 4.75 inches||19.5 x 6.5 x 3.5 inches||1.61 x 6.06 x 4.33 inches||24 x 14 x 10 inches|
Do-All Outdoors brings you the Backyard ClayHawk 3/4 Cock Trap where sturdy steel construction teams with easy cocking to make this machine durable and simple to use. It easily throws targets up to 70 yards in all directions at any angle in all planes. It is simple and easy to use and offers a solid, reliable construction. It is a must have for the weekend shooters. Ground stabilizing spikes are included.
Because of their solid, reliable construction, Do-All Traps are used at top sporting clays courses, trap clubs, and shooting ranges. The Backyard Clayhawk 3/4 Cock Trap is designed for the backyard or weekend shooter who is looking for a cock trap at an affordable price. With its Sprocket mechanism, it can throw 70 yards and give the shooter all-day durability. The Backyard Trap is more durable, quieter, and easier to use than a full cock trap.
This trap includes all of the innovative and patented features that Do-All Outdoors' other traps are known for, including its three-pivot mount, which is capable of throwing any target at any angle and at any speed. Three simple adjusting bolts allow the arm to be positioned to throw a clay target from 90 degrees vertical, springing teal, ground-bouncing rabbit, a flushing pair of standards, curling incomers, and virtually anything in between. A sliding, adjustable-tension, universal spring clip on the throwing arm quickly adapts to standard, rabbit, 90mm/midi, 60mm/mini, or battue clays and allows them to be thrown as singles, stacked doubles, and nesting pairs. By varying spring tension, target selection, and the position of the targets on the throwing arm, one Backyard 3/4 Trap can invent and duplicate any clay target presentation desired.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 22.88 x 7.75 x 4.75 inches; 21.8 Pounds
- Item model number : BY34
- Department : Unisex-adult
- Date First Available : April 14, 2006
- Manufacturer : Do All Outdoors
- ASIN : B000FDSUI6
Best Sellers Rank:
#209,625 in Patio, Lawn & Garden (See Top 100 in Patio, Lawn & Garden)
- #1,880 in Pest Control Traps
- Customer Reviews:
Warning: This product may contain chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer or reproductive harm.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By Richard on October 2, 2019
2. The adjustablity after the fact is a little annoying, mainly because the wrench they give you is soft metal and a pain, but you can't use a regular wrench on one nut because there is no room to get it in, so you need a flat one like the one they provide. Overall very happy with it once you get it all dialed in and throwing.
Taking it out of the box, was nothing exciting. It took about an hour to put together for the first time. There are some included tools, but I found I needed a second wrench to hold the bolt, while I used the other to tighten the nut.
Once I got it put together, I had no issues with the construction. Everything seemed to be welded or bolted together well.
When I took it out to use, it operated very well. My 14 year old son, who is learning to shoot trap, was the primary operator. He had no problems getting cocked, loading the clays and releasing. One of the other reviewers mentions trying some cord to the operating handle - this would have been a good idea had I seen it before I used it.
It threw consistantly and operated without problem. I put two boxes of clays through it with no malfunctions.
With a little experimentation, I also found you can load two clays if you stack them and loosen the holding spring to accommodate two clays. It throws them in the same direction with a couple of degrees of separation, making for a nice two clay throw. If you load two clays one in front of the other, it will also work, but there will be a much wider separation, making for a much more challenging shot.
Overall, a good buy. We will have to see how it holds up in the long run.