- File Size: 315 KB
- Print Length: 86 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Flying Body Press (January 1, 2016)
- Publication Date: January 1, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0190IZ2PU
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #585,650 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Do Anything - A Mysterious Science Fiction Tale Kindle Edition
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
If I could give half stars I would give it a 4.5, mainly due to length, 84 pages is not a lot for $2.99. However just because it is short doesn't mean that it doesn't deliver. It will definitely leave you wanting to discuss the book with others. I would highly recommend it for a book club, for there are a lot of great discussions waiting at the end of the book.
Also I would highly recommend reading the rest of Smitherd's other books. Each one is an incredible read. Smitherd is definitely a hidden gem in the literary world and I would also like to point out that he is in the running for Audiobook of the Year 2015 (UK) for The Stone Man, competing with the likes of J.K. Rolwing and Stephen King.
In this book we stroll into the garden with a pretty average happy young couple with pretty average happy little lives. By the time we leave the garden these young people have the most extraordinary new circumstance to deal with. Can they Do Anything to put things right? Will they? Can they ever have their average happy little lives as an average happy young couple again?
Next we enter the life of a young boy at a turning point in his life. Unfortunately for him, he has no understanding of this, dismisses it, and continues on in a life that keeps turning. Intense, mysterious and shocking.
Reading Smitherd's work is seriously a vacation for the mind, and you will not want to return to reality so soon. I always make sure I have the time to read his books from cover to cover in one sitting, even if it requires sleepless nights. He is that good. Read this!
In Closure, Gary and Carla are a normal, loving couple. Something completely abnormal happens and Gary must decide if he will Do Anything to make things right again. What he has to do makes him question his long-held belief system and his definition of morality.
In Your Name is in the Book, the people of the world are finally given the opportunity to live in peace and prosperity, but some must pay a high price if they don't meet the standards of the new world.
Both stories have a surreal feeling about them. Things are happening to the characters that they can't quite believe, and to the author's credit, readers can easily put themselves into the shoes of the characters and understand the terrible choices they must make. It is quite discomforting to picture yourself in their situations and wonder what choices you would make. Would you really Do Anything to get what you needed at the expense of others?
"Closure" explores the possibility of parallel universes and what happens when the barrier between worlds is broken.
"Your Name Is In the Book" asks what one would be willing to do to gain, and even keep, happiness and fulfillment regardless of the consequences to others.
In conclusion: MOAR!
Most recent customer reviews
‘Closure’..... what would you do if another version of you came and stole something precious and then...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Time Travel
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Time Travel
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Science Fiction