Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on December 20, 2015
This book draws you in with the title, but honestly was no help to me at all. Miki actually did not quit her day job for a long time while she first pursued her dream of becoming a professional soccer player, then seemingly gave that dream up and stumbled upon the idea for her pizzeria. Throughout the book she boasts being well-traveled and having been sent to a prestigious university (Cornell) and having lots of connections to powerful people in order to get her business started and successful. All of her tips assume everyone comes from the same type of background and opportunities she came from and was not what I was expecting. This book is not relatable in many ways. It does offer some good nuggets of advice buried throughout it, but not worth the purchase.
on January 8, 2016
I am 48 pages in and I cannot take anymore. DO NOT BUY THIS SH*T. Terrible.
on August 21, 2013
This book, while admittedly having decent information in it, especially about how to get investors to the table for your business pitch, is written mainly for quirky hipster women. No investor in the world is going to lend tens of thousands of dollars to a guy pitching a business idea if he passes out pet rocks or asks investors to write a haiku, as he will likely come off looking mentally unstable or immature.

Both of these "ideas" are actually in the book.

In another passage, the author tells about her creepily staring at a potential investor from across the bar until he made eye contact. If a guy does that he'll likely be asked to leave the establishment.

It should also be noted that this book is similar to others of its kind, in that it is written by an Ivy League graduate in NYC who likely has more access to wealthy connections that the average person. Much of what I have read in this book simply did not apply to my situation. I have to imagine this sentiment will resound with many who read this book and don't have the access to capital that she does.

I would have appreciated some sort of disclaimer, in the description, that the book primarily focuses on non-traditional methods of developing your business and as is totally dependent on your current location. Having known that beforehand, I likely would have looked elsewhere for information.
0Comment| 216 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 15, 2014
I was expecting a book of quitting my day job, starting my own business and living happily ever after... instead I was treated to a story of how a girl from a well off family went from Cornell, to summer internships at film studios, to a semester in London... which apparently all entrepreneurs do? Then it goes on to tell us how she was nervous of hosting a dinner brainstorm session... at an MTV Studios boardroom.... which she only did after shadowing a top level restaurateur of NYC. This book isn't motivational or feel good by any means. It makes you feel that unless you went to a well off college and have high end connections through school or family... you won't make it. Hoping to be able to return this as it won't be staying anywhere near my library.
0Comment| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 24, 2013
The air about this book is so trivial. The writing style of a tween. So peppy and bubbly but lacking in substance. The books last few chapters are about diet and exercise. Like I bought the start my business book to get diet advice? There are much better books by entrepreneurs out there skip this one.
on August 14, 2013
Pretty much just her own story about how she made things happen in her own life. It might be inspiring to some, but I can't help feeling kind of suckered that I gave her money by buying the book, and now I've supported her doing her own cool s***. Moral of the story: find some topic to write a short book on, get Yahoo to mention it in an article, so people will buy it, and whammo!... - you're a writer. Flimsy stuff here. Nothing new.
on June 15, 2015
This was a great how-to book for people looking to start their own businesses. Although it seemed a tad unrealistic at times (she seems to know someone in every industry!) it was extremely insightful as far as how to get started on a budget with little knowledge and be resourceful.
on December 21, 2014
Very cool memoir / inspirational book on entrepreneurship and going after what you want in work, life and love.

The tips are practical and useful, but my favourite part was getting to know the author's character and being inspired by her gumption.
on June 14, 2014
Awesome book. It's a quick read that is entertaining and full of great advice! The book offers a refreshing perspective on taking the leap to follow your passions in life.
on February 5, 2015
simple, easy to read. just what i was looking for!!
Ready start my new adventures knowing that I'm not the only one who's looking to risk everything un order to fullfill my dreams