BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

on August 21, 2013
This book, while admittedly having decent information in it, especially about how to get investors to the table for your business pitch, is written mainly for quirky hipster women. No investor in the world is going to lend tens of thousands of dollars to a guy pitching a business idea if he passes out pet rocks or asks investors to write a haiku, as he will likely come off looking mentally unstable or immature.

Both of these "ideas" are actually in the book.

In another passage, the author tells about her creepily staring at a potential investor from across the bar until he made eye contact. If a guy does that he'll likely be asked to leave the establishment.

It should also be noted that this book is similar to others of its kind, in that it is written by an Ivy League graduate in NYC who likely has more access to wealthy connections that the average person. Much of what I have read in this book simply did not apply to my situation. I have to imagine this sentiment will resound with many who read this book and don't have the access to capital that she does.

I would have appreciated some sort of disclaimer, in the description, that the book primarily focuses on non-traditional methods of developing your business and as is totally dependent on your current location. Having known that beforehand, I likely would have looked elsewhere for information.
0Comment| 207 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2013
Miki is the real deal! How can you not be motivated after reading this book? After years of working in a unsatisfying job I bought this book to see if it really is possible to "Start my own business and live happily ever after". From the minute I started reading I knew I wouldn't be able to put the book down. After getting halfway thru the book on my lunch hour I got so interested in the restaurant Miki created I left work early and drove 1 1/2 hours to experience her place first hand. Being so impressed by her place, the food and service I replied to the email newsletter I had signed up for earlier that day and wrote that I was actually having dinner in Wild and enjoying her book. Not even thinking anyone would even get my email I was blown away when I got an email back. From Miki herself! She replied saying she was going to be there in an hour and for me to hang around and say hello. I did just that and I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Miki and Radha. These girls are two of the coolest and most genuine people I have ever met. They made me feel so at home and talked to me about my dreams and passions and got me so pumped up to start taking action. They shared some of their stories and hung out with me like I was a life long friend. It was extremely motivating meeting them. Awesome experience and like Miki said, it was because I took some action and drove down there that it all happened.

For me, this book isn't just for twenty-somethings who are just starting out, its also for people like me, who are just ready for a change. And who need a kick in the ass to get started. For me, this book is that kick in the ass. I'm going take it with me everywhere I go as a reminder to keep taking action.

Thanks Miki and Rads. Keep Doing Cool S***!
on June 15, 2015
This was a great how-to book for people looking to start their own businesses. Although it seemed a tad unrealistic at times (she seems to know someone in every industry!) it was extremely insightful as far as how to get started on a budget with little knowledge and be resourceful.
on December 21, 2014
Very cool memoir / inspirational book on entrepreneurship and going after what you want in work, life and love.

The tips are practical and useful, but my favourite part was getting to know the author's character and being inspired by her gumption.
on June 14, 2014
Awesome book. It's a quick read that is entertaining and full of great advice! The book offers a refreshing perspective on taking the leap to follow your passions in life.
on July 30, 2016
Entertaining, inspiring, catchy title, easy read - didn't love it, but I liked it.
on December 22, 2014
If you’re looking for a guide to succeed, you’ll be disappointed because there is no such thing in existence. This book is Miki’s story of her path to having the life that she wants and building businesses that she cares about. Every page reveals a life loving authenticity that is the foundational mindset of building a good life & business. If you want something, find all possible routes and gather all your resources then try your very best to make it happen. It also includes things like diet and exercise that most people neglect in our lives, which highlights the fact that all things in your life should be considered. Your body, mind, and soul should be priority. I aspire to be like her and to build a network like hers. I found so much inspiration and positive energy in this book. It really made an impact on how I view the world and myself. I hope to retain this mindset in everything I do and write my own story of success.
on February 5, 2015
simple, easy to read. just what i was looking for!!
Ready start my new adventures knowing that I'm not the only one who's looking to risk everything un order to fullfill my dreams
on January 8, 2015
Inspiring. Helpful. Recommend this to anyone considering disrupting their life (in a good way). For me, I decided I had never been the conventional teenage girl. The house, kids, wedding in my future. This was not the life I wanted but everyone in my small town expected me to have in due time. I was always outspoken, a liberal (raised a conservative), non-religious(also raised christian), and liking things against the norm. I decided in college, I would poke around and not know what I wanted to do for awhile. This is known as Undeclared. I have decided to be an English major, I used to want to be an english prof focusing on Literature. Now, I haven't reached my full potential yet. I am still deciding what I want to do with it, but I'm also focusing on non-profits, communications, and start-ups. This book made me realize its okay to not be conventional, to live up to my destiny and chase after goals that others would think is not a "safe" backup plan. This book will make you realize who you are inside.
on May 19, 2015
I love reading this book and would love to meet the author Miki seems like a cool person. very informative book