- Audible Audio Edition
- Listening Length: 7 hours and 53 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Gildan Media, LLC
- Audible.com Release Date: January 30, 2012
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0073K9IXU
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Do More Faster: TechStars Lessons to Accelerate Your Startup Audiobook – Unabridged
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Having just completed my read, my first reaction is that I wish I had it a year ago! It is packed with lots of good feedback that help first timers get things off the ground and avoid the typical pitfalls of starting a company. This is particularly true for technical founders of software companies with relatively less business experience.
The book also makes me somewhat jealous of the techstars program. We have learned a lot of the same lessons espoused in the program and book, like the value of building a network of advisors, having a co-founder and of developing the voice of the customer...but what makes me jealous is the concentration and rate of activity they can generate within the program relative to the rate of progress you can make coordinating and networking on your own. Your runway available to make things happen is a constant, ominous threat to your endeavor and having a program that can accelerate progress would be a deeply valuable asset.
Overall I recommend this book highly, and having now met both of the authors, recommend them both as authentically interested in helping you succeed. And this is not something I can genuinely say of the entire entrepreneurial eco-system.
When you are done with it read : Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist by Brad Feld, Jason Mendelson and Dick Costolo. It's another cannon of a book. A must read if you are thinking about going for venture financing.
Thank you for this book...I mean resource.
If you are an entrepreneur, this book is a Must Read. Here are some interesting items I found in this book:
- Go get customers and then listen. You will never need another idea.
- When approaching VCs, realize that they all have a story too. Ask them about it.
- Start your business and learn from your failures: You miss !00% of the shots you don't take.
- Real Estate= People, people, people. Techstars (seed capital and mentorship for startups)= People, people, people.
- When you ask for money, you get advice. And when you ask for advice, you might get money.
- Convince 1/3 of investors to commit in a round and the others will be much more likely to commit afterwards.
- Section 83b election is a MUST before taking money.
- And Much More...
OK, thats all you get. Read the book for the rest.
Most recent customer reviews
I really enjoyed this collection of essays from leaders of the startup...Read more