Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Do You Know Who I Am?: And Other Brave Questions Women Ask
Format: Paperback|Change

on December 12, 2012
This book is excellent. I love Angela Thomas! I used the Brave Bible Study to lead a group of ladies at our church. Because that was such an excellent book, I wanted to know more...that's when I found this book. This is (unless I'm mistaken) the book that she based the Brave bible study on - and it's excellent.

Angela writes as if she's speaking to us individually - and she writes about struggles that we all face. What a blessing.
on October 3, 2010
I was recently given the opportunity to review Angela Thomas' new book & I couldn't wait to do so! Angela Thomas was the guest speaker for the Beautiful Conference that i attended in August & i have loved her ever since! I was excited about getting the chance to read & review her newest book. I finished the book this week & was thrilled to discover that Angela is every bit as gifted in writing as she is in teaching.

Each chapter answers a different question a woman like you or like me would ask God. At first I wasn't too sure about the title, but i soon discovered that Angela actually wasn't either. She tells in the intro of her book that when the title was presented to her, she didn't get it. How self-centered to ask "do you know who i am?", she thought. However, God showed her what it meant by whispering to her heart, "Angela, the question is for ME." She realized God was saying that He alone has the answers to the struggles we women face. He alone knows who we are, who we really are, & He alone is the one that truly understands. He sees us as we are & loves us anyway. He sees our deepest needs & desires & hurts. He wants to show us that He alone is our answer.

I thought Angela did a great job in tackling each one of these questions. She covers so many topics that women face. She shares her own stories with us, and she jumps into studying scripture to show us just how God's very character has the answer to our deepest needs. Even though I may not be facing all of these questions in my life right now, there was still so much that i got out of each & every chapter. It made me laugh, cry & marvel at the reminder that God sees us, knows us, & still loves us just as we are, wherever we are. It was awesome to see how God answers each of these questions. When we get real with God by taking off our masks & allowing where we are right now to be revealed, He is able to show us that He is our help through any & every situation we may face. Angela did a fantastic job bringing to light who He is when we need Him most.
on June 16, 2014
Our Ladies bible study group just completed this study. There were some good parts for me and some I really should think about.
Most of the ladies are in their 30's or 40's, I'm in my 60's. All in all everyone that finished the study were considered pleased. We have done other Angela Thomas studies and have benefited greatly..
on October 13, 2010
I highly recommend this book! Angela Thomas is an awesome speaker and writer! I am only in the third chapter and the book has already blessed me beyond measure~I feel like it was written just for me! She speaks from personal experience, and as a woman you identify with everything she says. The book will inspire and challenge you to be all that you can be for Christ! Thank you Angela for being obedient and sharing your insight and teaching with me!!!
on March 7, 2013
Angela Thomas is my favorite author. Our church women's ministry group is using the book during our monthly meetings. We've done one chapter at a time and it has opened up for the ladies to ask questions and share. It has been a great tool to help our christian growth and to become greater friends with each other.
on March 9, 2013
This is a great book of encouragement. The author does a great job of reminding us that God is always there and is our hope in the midst of our struggles and pain. I recommend this book to anyone but especially those who are going through a difficult time in their life and looking for hope and comfort. It is a great reminder of who God is.
on July 20, 2015
This book is a must read for women of God. I have bought several copies for friends, and will continue to do so. It is an annointed word!
on July 27, 2013
Angela Thomas has a wonderful way of relating to what women are going through and what we need. This book is filled with so much Truth straight from the word, combined with Angela's personal experiences. I actually bought several copies as Christmas gifts for my friends.
on July 6, 2013
Thanks Angela for sharing your life experiences with us. I had just been to my 50th high school reunion and thinking about how my life had always been ordinary and not special when I read your book. Now I know that I am a child of the ONE TRUE KING.
on November 8, 2014
Every chapter brings in those personal examples that touch the heart and lead the reader to self examination. Wonderful read!