Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on December 13, 2012
I read an article recently that burglars are more likely to smash a window than try to pry it open because if a neighbor hears the noise, they'll stop and listen for the second noise. When none is forthcoming, they'll go on with what they're doing and someone is in your house.

I have a couple of windows on the side of my house that aren't easily visible because of a privacy fence and I wanted to alarm them for broken glass (this device does NOT detect someone prying your window open - that's an entirely different alarm system). When my order for this product arrived I read through the instructions and it's quite easy to arm the device for placement - I'll just note that they didn't arm right away because the instructions didn't tell you to open the battery pack and remove a tab. I figured that out on my own and as expected, the LED on the unit flashed, and then beeped, and they were armed.

You peel the sticker on the back and stick them on the window. I liked that the back of the device has a warning sticker stating that the window is alarmed - any bit of extra security is good. They adhered very well to the window and as I have double-paned windows I put the alarm high on the lower pane, then gave a thump to the upper pane and the alarm went off. You really don't need to alarm both panes but if it makes you feel better go for it.

I like that the LED doesn't stay on, which helps conserve battery power.

For the price this is an excellent layer of security to have. It isn't so sensitive that it gives off false alarms in a heavy wind, but it definitely responds to a significant vibration to the glass. Very happy with the product.

UPDATE 6/1/13: In a recent hail storm, the vibration from the hail (not very large hail, perhaps nickel size) hitting the windows set off the alarms. My neighbor came running out on her front porch with her phone, ready to call the police. These things work.
55 comments| 492 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 17, 2017
Love these window alarms!! My 2 year old pounding on the window will set it off, he was our test to see if they worked ;) They also alarm when the window is closed, so they are very sensitive to any vibration of the window. But they come with an on/off switch, which saves the battery life, and since we only arm them at bedtime we don't have to worry about accidental alarms going off all the time.
review image
0Comment| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 2, 2015
We were robbed & assaulted during December 2014 and further security devises was necessary to Arm ourselves with doberman window alarm. I purchased 12 units to install them on all windows and was surprised of the loudness of the siren alarm and ease of installation.
Unfortunately the cleaning lady " borrowed " 4 of those units from the windows w/o our knowledge and i had to replace them quickly.
The units arrived today ( 5 days prior to promised delivery time) and were quickly installed.
The am sure that when the intruder make a plan to break the window , they will be faced with scary loud noise , they will think it twice.
It was the cheapest way to buy extra security , i also gave away two widow units to a soldier's family who were agitated by the recent criminal activities in this area.
review image
1010 comments| 320 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 14, 2017
Second time buying this. Happy to see its offered in white, to match my window moldings. Tested it out, it works as advertised. Opening windows gently or sliding the patio door slowly won't activate it. But faster or rougher movements will activate it. There's been times I've forgotten to slowly open the patio door, and the thing went off.
on September 24, 2017
I feel a lot safer having this in my neighborhood. Took me a while to realize you actually had to remove the plastic from the batteries to get it to work :D. If you have a window with two sliders, I would recommend placing it in the middle of the stationary one. That way you can still open the window while making it impossible for an intruder to break-in without setting the alarm off. In general, it does have a couple of false alarms when you slam the windows too hard, though that to me can be avoided so it's not a key factor.
on December 27, 2017
I like these. They work well. Makes me feel safe. A surprise benefit has been keeping my 5 yr old - and her friends - from stepping/climbing on the windowsill of the window (it goes down to the floor). It has never gone off from wind or any false alarm, but it has gone off with the kids so I know it works.
on May 10, 2017
They definitely work! Maybe a little sensitive, but just be aware where you place them. Great for DIY home security.
on December 25, 2017
This is a nice product and about the circumference of an orange. The item is very thin and nice for windows and sliding glass doors. The adhesive is quality 3M and stuck every time. Add ism additional security to your home or office. This is a must have item.
on October 7, 2017
I feel safer after buying these. I have them situated on my doors and windows. If someone touches my doors they go off when activated. Very good alarms. Definitely recommend. I first bought one set to test, they worked so well i bought for my remainder windows.
on June 24, 2017
Nice product. Could be louder and more affordable so I could put one on all of my windows. though.