Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,348 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,425 reviews
on December 10, 2015
As I write this review, I am draped in this marvelous leg vesture. Chuck Palahniuk once wrote "You are not your f---ing khakis", I beg to differ. He does not know what he's talking about. He has yet to clothe himself in this cotton covering.

I have become my khakis, they became my synecdoche.

I am now the "khakis dude".
review image
on October 22, 2013
Fit and construction are great. Perfectly slim without being "tight." I do squats and lift regularly and these achieve the "slim" I want without hugging my nuts or looking like leggings.
44 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 28, 2016
My husband has thinner legs and larger waist... SO getting pants in a 38 waist made his legs look like 'stove pipes'!? I have been trying to find a slimmer/tapered leg that would give him room for his stomach and LOOK GOOD ! No more loose fit! So I researched and found these Dockers Alpha Khaki Slim and they FIT and LOOK FABULOUS! What a difference. The rise is lower than he is used too, but said they were comfortable and for me the look of these pants was no less than amazing. From the back it looks as if he has legs not 'cigar legs' and they actually make him look slimmer. I am all for dressing for your body type and I think we have found a pair of slacks that look great and feel comfortable for him.
PLUS these are made very well. They have a tab inside the pants in the back so he can hang them on a hook, and they are kind of a cool pant also!
on May 17, 2013
These are really great looking pants and are very versatile. Can be worn to the office or casually with a t-shirt. I bought one pair in a department store with a gift card, wore them just a few times, and immediately came to amazon to buy more colors. Make sure you size up from your "classic fit" pants. These are slim fitting. I normally wear a size 33 waist in most pants and jeans, and a 34 in these are pretty snug. It seems like "slim fit" these days is just slapping on a size 1-2 sizes up from what it would be in classic. Anyway, I digress...

The pants themselves have a very well-made feel to them, if not a little too stiff initially. They definitely need to be broken in like a rigid pair of jeans. I weight train 3 days a week, including deadlifts and squats, and the thighs and calves on these are borderline too tight, so if you've got a little meat/muscle on your bones, be careful. I need to get rid of some bodyfat anyway, and once I do these should fit perfect (it's tough when you're a desk jockey for 10+ hours a day).
on January 16, 2013
I've had so many pairs of dockers in the past that just did not fit right, they were ill fitting and even a little pricey, so I was very reluctant to buy these, and felt I needed to ignore the praise that the Alpha Khakis have been getting for a while now.
I was looking for a slim fitting grey khaki pant, and found that Dockers made one, and at a low price, so I decided to give them a chance. Once I got them I was instantly in love with them, they fit and felt great, yet I decided to wear and wash them a few times before I bought another pair in another color.
My experience is they've help up well against casual wear and regular washing. This has become one of my favorite pairs of pants. I would recommend them to anyone looking to step away from denim, they are NOT a replacement for slacks, and should not be treated as one, if this is what you're expecting you will be disappointed.
on March 10, 2015
I'm somewhat wide and short so I was extremely surprised to find such nice fitting pants as these. They seem to fit people with other body types as well! I had previously cheaped out and purchased a pair of D1 slim khakis which did not fit slim on me at all, but these fit perfectly and are very stylish. The fabric is a little thicker than the D1s and are comfortable. Not much else to add that other reviews haven't. Definitely spend a little extra if you are going for the slim look and are looking at a pair of Dockers!
on January 12, 2016
I own British khaki and dark pebble color; the description in the cart says "slim flat-front" and the actual tag says "slim-tapered." I love these two pairs since they fit my body nicely.
For this midnight color, online description also says "slim flat-front" but the actual tag says "standard-tapered." I am not sure how many style of midnight color there are, but I definitely did not order a standard fit pair.
If you know and love the Alpha SLIM Tapered, the Standard Tapered will feel a little loose on the front and back. The back has just enough fabric to let you pinch it up with your index finger and thumb (because there is extra fabric that should not be there; the SLIM Tapered fits very nicely that you cannot pinch up the fabric very easily)
on May 2, 2015
I have bought four pairs of these pants in the past, and love them. The cut through the legs flatters me perfectly.
Dockers must have changed the design of them recently, because the newest (fifth) pair I ordered is markedly different from the others. They lack a second button on the interior of the waistband, have a slightly higher rise (.25-.5") than the other pairs, and are marked with "Slim Tapered" on the waistband -- the others don't have this tag. The fit through the legs even seems different, and doesn't flatter me as nicely. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since Levi's are notorious for bad quality control (as far as fit and sizing) in their jeans. I was just hoping that wouldn't extend to Docker's catalog.
Also, the page on Amazon where I bought this recent pair was titled "Alpha Khaki Slim Flat-Front Pant" -- however, when I add a black pair to my cart the title changes to "Alpha Khaki Slim Tapered Flat Front Pant". I didn't notice that when I bought them.
on March 13, 2016
God I love these pants. I've bought a bunch of different styles and I keep coming back because I love the cut and I love the material and quality. Can't say it enough how much I like these pants probably won't buy it or type ever again. Keep in mind they are somewhat slim fitting so if you have ginormous legs they all fit very well. I have somewhat athletic build and they fit me well but if my legs were much larger they probably wouldn't fit very great definitely would recommend these if you have to walk up lots of lots of stairs all the time. Can't have a lot of stuff in your pockets but they look good so I'm fine with that. Highly highly recommend!
on December 13, 2014
They are nice pants, don't get me wrong, but the hype is misplaced. I was hoping for a rugged khaki that I could wear many times in between washes and have them still looking decent, but they aren't any better than normal khakis in that respect. They get just as wrinkled. Also you have to be a little more careful washing/ironing them than you would denim - I basically ruined mine somehow right off the bat by washing them in a normal cycle and trying to iron them (but I can't blame it on the pants, likely all my fault, but shows they're not for the careless launderer). Overall, nice khakis, but if you are looking for durability stick with jeans.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.