Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jordan Davis All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on August 7, 2015
I like the pants, I really do. The problem isn't the pants, it's that elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about. Returns. I had second thoughts about buying clothes online, I think everyone does a little, but I decided to trust Amazon to take care of me and bought these pants anyway. I received them today and was excited to try them on. The fabric is nice and thick and they are cut really well. The problem is in the crotch area where there just look ridiculous (I'll try and upload a picture). I can't wear these to work and doubt I should wear them anywhere.

So, I called amazon, hoping to work something out and the person that I spoke with was super nice. Her name was Heidi. Anyway, Heidi and I discussed my options, and long story short, i shouldn't have bought them. Due to my work schedule, it is really difficult to get them to ups somehow, so I have to keep them (Yay!) But they don't fit (Boo!!). You probably shouldn't buy clothes online either, especially if shipping anything gives you nightmares. :/
review image
33 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 10, 2012
First of all, I love these pants. I have always loved the clean look of Dockers, but have not found a fit that fitted me as I am tall (6'4") and slender (190lbs).
These pants start off slim in the thighs and taper down at the shoes. If you are familier with Levis sizing, I am the same size Levi 511 as I am for these Alpha Slim Fits (36x34).
The material is just perfect, not too thick or too thin, and seems to be very well constructed.
I have been wearing these to work, in a business casual setting, and out to the bar with friends.
I purchased the gray color this time, and will be purchasing the other colors very soon. This is a great buy! If anyone has any questions let me know.
77 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 18, 2012
Slim fit chinos are somewhat of an enigma in men's style. Brands like Unis, Left Field, and Wings+Horns offer slim fitting chinos that are mysteriously expensive for the quality. Enter Docker's Alpha Khakis. I bought three pairs of these when they were first released, and wore them to death. The tagline "where jeans end and khakis begin" was pretty cute, but I never thought it would actually hold true for me - I wear these FAR more than the denim I used to go to everyday. A few notes on the Alpha Khakis:

Waist: For those with an athletic build or thicker legs, these pants will feel tight. However, keep in mind that these can stretch significantly if you want them to - up to one inch in the waist. I measure 32" at the waist, but when I first bought these at 32, they were way too tight. I returned them for 33" which fit very snugly (still a little too tight), but decided to see if they'd stretch out. They do in fact stretch out after wear and they now fit very comfortably. In retrospect 32" would probably fit me if I wore them long enough...In any case, buy these either true to size or 1" more in waist depending on how thick your legs are.

Leg: These pants fit wonderfully through the leg without venturing into skinny-jeans territory. The leg opening is perfect - a little more narrow than what you'd find in Levi's 501, but wide enough to wear with Oxfords/dress shoes.

Length: I would suggest purchasing 2" more in length as these pants are great for cuffing. The hem, unlike normal khakis, are relatively narrow (a little more than half an inch, just like the hem you would find in normal denim) which makes cuffing look good (I personally hate the really thick cuffing that you see in a lot of magazines but that's just me). There is little to no shrinkage in the length.

Value: These are absolutely the best pants in value that I've purchased in recent memory. Right of the package, you can tell that the fabric is more robust than your average khaki (they're designed to be as tough as jeans and they certainly feel like it). I've tried on high end chinos before and the Alphas give them a run for their money at 20% of the price. I think these were so popular that when Docker's first released them, they sold out within a few weeks. When you buy these, you'll be wearing them everyday for years to come.

I wish there were 6 stars ratings reserved for wonderful products like this. Very rarely do "mall brand" companies nail a product like this. Pick up a couple of pairs and save on shipping....if you buy only one, you'll probably want to buy more!
55 comments| 161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 22, 2013
Fit and construction are great. Perfectly slim without being "tight." I do squats and lift regularly and these achieve the "slim" I want without hugging my nuts or looking like leggings.
44 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 17, 2013
These are really great looking pants and are very versatile. Can be worn to the office or casually with a t-shirt. I bought one pair in a department store with a gift card, wore them just a few times, and immediately came to amazon to buy more colors. Make sure you size up from your "classic fit" pants. These are slim fitting. I normally wear a size 33 waist in most pants and jeans, and a 34 in these are pretty snug. It seems like "slim fit" these days is just slapping on a size 1-2 sizes up from what it would be in classic. Anyway, I digress...

The pants themselves have a very well-made feel to them, if not a little too stiff initially. They definitely need to be broken in like a rigid pair of jeans. I weight train 3 days a week, including deadlifts and squats, and the thighs and calves on these are borderline too tight, so if you've got a little meat/muscle on your bones, be careful. I need to get rid of some bodyfat anyway, and once I do these should fit perfect (it's tough when you're a desk jockey for 10+ hours a day).
on May 4, 2015
I noticed a small rip-threading out from the zipper area. See below. Everything else is great!
review image
on April 2, 2015
These pants are well constructed with double stitch seams on both sides of the leg and seat. They are slim fit similar to the Dockers D1 signature khaki fit but a bit tapered more at the bottom of the leg.

They are an excellent jean alternative on the weekend. Also, they look nice enough to wear at the office with a dress shirt for business casual or dress down for Friday. I have already bought these in 4 colors and plan to buy more.

For the quality, fit and versatility, these pants are well worth the money.
on December 18, 2014
i received it in 2 days which is really good. It fits perfectly so thats good.But the color i got was gray instead of navy..so i was a little disappointed.
But I like this style of the pants which is different from the navy which i ordered. I needed a gray pants anyways.
The gray pants also is kinda thick so its good for this time of the year. compare to the navy one looks light and it looks like its for summer.
Next time i hope i dont get completely different color/designed pants...so im a little hesitant to order another pants for $50 and not get the one i want...
on February 4, 2015
I wanted something beside Jean's and ordered these. I love them. They are slim, tapered and fit wonderful, looking great. It is the fabric that makes the pants though. The Alpha Khaka could be old-time suit pants, or corduroys, or flocked wallpaper. They look good and look very different from all the other pants on the street.
I went back to try buy another color also but no more in my size..... will try again for sure.
on July 14, 2015
Although I'm a 36x30, I ordered 38x30 based on some reviews mentioning the size is too small. After receiving the 38, the legs were fine, but the waist was big and the top of the pants too baggy. Exchanged for the 36 and they fit PERFECT. These are well made and double as work pants and casual pants. They aren't "skinny" pants which I'm not a fan of, but fit tapered without it acting like a second skin on my legs. Going to get more colors!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.