Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on December 10, 2015
As I write this review, I am draped in this marvelous leg vesture. Chuck Palahniuk once wrote "You are not your f---ing khakis", I beg to differ. He does not know what he's talking about. He has yet to clothe himself in this cotton covering.

I have become my khakis, they became my synecdoche.

I am now the "khakis dude".
review image
11 comment| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 22, 2013
Fit and construction are great. Perfectly slim without being "tight." I do squats and lift regularly and these achieve the "slim" I want without hugging my nuts or looking like leggings.
44 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 4, 2015
I noticed a small rip-threading out from the zipper area. See below. Everything else is great!
review image
on December 24, 2015
I love Dockers pants,because of the material,and the sizing,i had bought two of these pants,but now with this one I'm disappointed because I purchased the Midnight color pant and I received a navy blue one all different, the only thing I like is its size, but honestly I did not purchase a blue pant.
review imagereview image
on December 1, 2015
As a 5'7" asian dude with a relatively thin waist (31-32) but relatively large thighs and butt due to my weightlifting hobby, I had the hardest time finding slacks that were both comfortable and gave me the tapered fit that I wanted. If you're in the same boat, look no further - these fit incredibly well!! Honestly, I have never found a better fitting pair of pants IN MY LIFE.

These also look casual enough to wear as part of an everyday outfit, but are formal enough to wear in a business casual environment. I LOVE these pants - I got two pairs - and I strongly believe you will too.

I may add my thigh/calf/waist measurements later on so that others can size these pants before they buy. I just happened to get lucky and these fit incredibly well.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 28, 2016
My husband has thinner legs and larger waist... SO getting pants in a 38 waist made his legs look like 'stove pipes'!? I have been trying to find a slimmer/tapered leg that would give him room for his stomach and LOOK GOOD ! No more loose fit! So I researched and found these Dockers Alpha Khaki Slim and they FIT and LOOK FABULOUS! What a difference. The rise is lower than he is used too, but said they were comfortable and for me the look of these pants was no less than amazing. From the back it looks as if he has legs not 'cigar legs' and they actually make him look slimmer. I am all for dressing for your body type and I think we have found a pair of slacks that look great and feel comfortable for him.
PLUS these are made very well. They have a tab inside the pants in the back so he can hang them on a hook, and they are kind of a cool pant also!
on January 19, 2015
I wear a 31x32 in everything -- including Levi's 513s, which are the jean equivalent of these -- and they were way too tight! I know other reviews say "Don't, and I mean don't, send them back," but I ended up going with a 33x32 and even then they're a bit tight -- in the waist, not in the "slimness." They do loosen up as others have said, but either way they're still tight.

On top of that, it would be nice if it were mentioned somewhere that these are two-buttoned pants -- just like dress slacks. I can't stand it and it would've been nice to have been warned. There's no mention of it anywhere -- in the product description or in the reviews (which I'm kind of surprised by). I ended up removing the second button and hemmed the wasteband to a more normal feel...I haven't noticed any bunching or falling either; the zipper seems to be long enough and sturdy enough to do the job.

An addendum: apparently it's hit or miss for the double button on these. I've ordered six pairs now -- two pairs of 31x32s that were returned for being too tight, another 33x32 that was returned for a 34 inch inseam and then two more in grey and hurricane. Of those, the first two black pairs were double buttoned, the third pair was not. The grey pair is double buttoned and then the hurricane ones are not. Makes it really hard to order these in an accurate size!! The double buttons are substantially tighter than the singles. 33s are too loose in the single button and and just the right fit in the double. I'm so tired of returning these back and forth...
on May 17, 2013
These are really great looking pants and are very versatile. Can be worn to the office or casually with a t-shirt. I bought one pair in a department store with a gift card, wore them just a few times, and immediately came to amazon to buy more colors. Make sure you size up from your "classic fit" pants. These are slim fitting. I normally wear a size 33 waist in most pants and jeans, and a 34 in these are pretty snug. It seems like "slim fit" these days is just slapping on a size 1-2 sizes up from what it would be in classic. Anyway, I digress...

The pants themselves have a very well-made feel to them, if not a little too stiff initially. They definitely need to be broken in like a rigid pair of jeans. I weight train 3 days a week, including deadlifts and squats, and the thighs and calves on these are borderline too tight, so if you've got a little meat/muscle on your bones, be careful. I need to get rid of some bodyfat anyway, and once I do these should fit perfect (it's tough when you're a desk jockey for 10+ hours a day).
on January 19, 2015
For slim fit pants I usually go with 30/30 so I bought black ones size 30/30. They felt nice on me but it was slightly long. For the question, "how does this product fit", it doesn't have the option for being slightly long so I went with "somewhat large". The wrinkle at the end of the pants because it was long on me really bothered me so I went ahead and returned it and bought 30/29. I liked the way it fitted so much I actually bought one in black and another in grey heather. The grey heather is lighter in person than what is pictured, so that was a bummer. It looks more like the stover print asphalt color. So like other reviews, beware, colors or what is pictured may look different in person. Even if the grey wasn't darker than I wanted it to be, it was passable for me.

Even getting a length size down of 30/29, I still had that wrinkle at the bottom of the pants because it was too long look. So I searched again if they had 30/28 but nope they do not have that size for these colors. Cuffing pants isn't my style. So I was on the verge on returning these but after trying them on again and wearing the tops and shoes (sneakers and casual shoes) I normally wear, it wasn't all that bad so I ended up keeping them. I haven't wore them outside the house yet but when I do I will update this review. The darker colors like the black ones I got catches fur and lint pretty easily, but then again that's with almost any type of khaki or dress pants with dark colors.

So far it feels strong and the material is loose enough to move around comfortably. I could see why these could be worn daily instead of jeans. It highlights your back side, so the ladies may notice them more. I really hope these will last since they are not cheap pants to me. They're probably the most expensive pants I've bought since I usually buy pants in the $30 range. We'll see if the price is for these type of Dockers are worth it. I have different pairs of Dockers which are cheaper and feel just as nice but I admit these Alphas are something slightly different.

Edit: I bought my 4th pair but this time I ordered 32x29. Wow I should have gotten this size for all my pairs. It fits so much better than the 30/29 that I've ordered. So overall I have Black 30x29, Dark Pebble 30x29 (favorite color so far), Grey Heather 30x29 (way lighter than the picture) and Hurricane 32x29 (dark blueish dark grey). I'm about to wash them for the first time, so I'll see how that goes. Overall these are my favorite brand of pants.
on April 8, 2016
I am a huge fan of the Dockers Alpha Khakis. I'm sad they appear to be discontinued because I would order more if I could. I have 4 pairs of these pants - 2 in the New British Khaki and 2 in the Stone Pebble colors.

I'm 5'9" and 150 lbs. The 32 x 32s fit me perfectly. These are a slimmer fit, but they are not tapered at the foot, and they are not skin tight. I rock these pants in my "business casual" office, and also when I got out in place of jeans.

The pants are a little heavier than traditional khakis....something I do not mind. I tend to be hard on my clothes and I believe the heavier material will hold up better than a lighter fabric over time.

3 thumbs up, 2 high fives, and 5 gold stars for these pants!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.