Oil month Automotive HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on December 10, 2015
As I write this review, I am draped in this marvelous leg vesture. Chuck Palahniuk once wrote "You are not your f---ing khakis", I beg to differ. He does not know what he's talking about. He has yet to clothe himself in this cotton covering.

I have become my khakis, they became my synecdoche.

I am now the "khakis dude".
review image
11 comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 22, 2013
Fit and construction are great. Perfectly slim without being "tight." I do squats and lift regularly and these achieve the "slim" I want without hugging my nuts or looking like leggings.
44 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 4, 2015
I noticed a small rip-threading out from the zipper area. See below. Everything else is great!
review image
on December 1, 2015
As a 5'7" asian dude with a relatively thin waist (31-32) but relatively large thighs and butt due to my weightlifting hobby, I had the hardest time finding slacks that were both comfortable and gave me the tapered fit that I wanted. If you're in the same boat, look no further - these fit incredibly well!! Honestly, I have never found a better fitting pair of pants IN MY LIFE.

These also look casual enough to wear as part of an everyday outfit, but are formal enough to wear in a business casual environment. I LOVE these pants - I got two pairs - and I strongly believe you will too.

I may add my thigh/calf/waist measurements later on so that others can size these pants before they buy. I just happened to get lucky and these fit incredibly well.
on December 24, 2015
I love Dockers pants,because of the material,and the sizing,i had bought two of these pants,but now with this one I'm disappointed because I purchased the Midnight color pant and I received a navy blue one all different, the only thing I like is its size, but honestly I did not purchase a blue pant.
review imagereview image
on January 19, 2015
I wear a 31x32 in everything -- including Levi's 513s, which are the jean equivalent of these -- and they were way too tight! I know other reviews say "Don't, and I mean don't, send them back," but I ended up going with a 33x32 and even then they're a bit tight -- in the waist, not in the "slimness." They do loosen up as others have said, but either way they're still tight.

On top of that, it would be nice if it were mentioned somewhere that these are two-buttoned pants -- just like dress slacks. I can't stand it and it would've been nice to have been warned. There's no mention of it anywhere -- in the product description or in the reviews (which I'm kind of surprised by). I ended up removing the second button and hemmed the wasteband to a more normal feel...I haven't noticed any bunching or falling either; the zipper seems to be long enough and sturdy enough to do the job.

An addendum: apparently it's hit or miss for the double button on these. I've ordered six pairs now -- two pairs of 31x32s that were returned for being too tight, another 33x32 that was returned for a 34 inch inseam and then two more in grey and hurricane. Of those, the first two black pairs were double buttoned, the third pair was not. The grey pair is double buttoned and then the hurricane ones are not. Makes it really hard to order these in an accurate size!! The double buttons are substantially tighter than the singles. 33s are too loose in the single button and and just the right fit in the double. I'm so tired of returning these back and forth...
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 28, 2016
My husband has thinner legs and larger waist... SO getting pants in a 38 waist made his legs look like 'stove pipes'!? I have been trying to find a slimmer/tapered leg that would give him room for his stomach and LOOK GOOD ! No more loose fit! So I researched and found these Dockers Alpha Khaki Slim and they FIT and LOOK FABULOUS! What a difference. The rise is lower than he is used too, but said they were comfortable and for me the look of these pants was no less than amazing. From the back it looks as if he has legs not 'cigar legs' and they actually make him look slimmer. I am all for dressing for your body type and I think we have found a pair of slacks that look great and feel comfortable for him.
PLUS these are made very well. They have a tab inside the pants in the back so he can hang them on a hook, and they are kind of a cool pant also!
on July 18, 2016
These are the best khakis I own, by far. After losing over 60 lbs. in the last year I've spent a fair amount of time replacing old clothes that no longer fit. Doing this on a budget and while still trying to look fashionable has been occasionally difficult. These khakis are absolutely amazing in that regard. They're a great price, look and feel great, and I honestly just can't believe how nice the fabric is. They really do feel more like jeans than typical khakis.

I see there's an updated style that come in other colors, and honestly I'm likely to purchase several of those based on my experience with these alone. I just hope they keep this version around as well - they're awesome!
on August 12, 2015
I am giving 3 stars due to quality control. I bought two pairs of these pants in the same size, one in Dark Pebble color and one in Gravel color.

The Dark Pebble ones fit very well. Probably one of the more flattering and comfortable pairs of pants I own. The waist on these is a little loose for me rather than a little tight, but the legs fit perfectly. I wear a 36 x 34 The color is also nice. I don't really care for the color of the Gravel pair as much.

The Gravel pair has a different fit. They are a bit narrower in the thighs and the waist is huge. I mean, they are borderline unwearable. I can't believe I bought two pants in the same cut and one of them is so oddly cut. There is easily an extra 2" in the waist, maybe more.

So, I would love to buy another pair of these pants but it seems like a gamble. I don't even know which pair is the defective one. For all I know all these pants could be cut huge in the waist and the pair I got that was a perfect fit are actually "defective". I am guessing that they just have poor quality control and there is considerably variance across pants.
on May 17, 2013
These are really great looking pants and are very versatile. Can be worn to the office or casually with a t-shirt. I bought one pair in a department store with a gift card, wore them just a few times, and immediately came to amazon to buy more colors. Make sure you size up from your "classic fit" pants. These are slim fitting. I normally wear a size 33 waist in most pants and jeans, and a 34 in these are pretty snug. It seems like "slim fit" these days is just slapping on a size 1-2 sizes up from what it would be in classic. Anyway, I digress...

The pants themselves have a very well-made feel to them, if not a little too stiff initially. They definitely need to be broken in like a rigid pair of jeans. I weight train 3 days a week, including deadlifts and squats, and the thighs and calves on these are borderline too tight, so if you've got a little meat/muscle on your bones, be careful. I need to get rid of some bodyfat anyway, and once I do these should fit perfect (it's tough when you're a desk jockey for 10+ hours a day).
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.