Top positive review
One person found this helpful
Nice Casual Pants
on June 20, 2014
Dockers are good casual pants; that's not news. Certainly, the price and selection are more reliable on Amazon than any given store, but I am surprised that many of the colors aren't available in my size.
The Good (for me):
* Comfort Waist - It allows me to stay in the same pair of pants until I take off the occasional extra pounds that always seem to creep on to my middle.
* Zippered, Small "Cargo" pocket - I love this. I don't want bulging compartments sewn onto the outside of my pants, and this pocket is inside the leg, but accessed from the zippered opening. I find it a great place to keep a pen, since I seldom wear shirts with a pocket, and hate having a pen there, anyway.
* The Fit - They are cut slightly generous, but the seat and legs are NOT balloon-like. People with particularly generous buttocks and thighs MAY want to look at another style or the next larger waist.
The Bad (for me):
* Flap Rear Pockets - They are a bit too wide to tuck into the pocket, and the corners turn up from sitting if you button them, and the whole flap turns up if you don't. I personally don't like flap pockets; I'd prefer an interior button to secure the back pocket.
* Waist Button Closure - A percentage of these pants come with the waist button hole too small for the button to pass through. The problem is usually that the reinforcing sewing around the hole is sewn too heavy on one end (narrow end) of the hole. Fortunately, it has always been correctable (so far) with a small, CAREFUL cut with scissors. I worry that I may one day cut the reinforcing threads in a way that may cause them to unravel, but that hasn't happened yet.
The rating was only a 4 based on the limited color options in my size (36-31), the annoying rear pocket flap, and the button hole issue.