Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $49.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on January 4, 2016
It's hard to give a real review of these pants since every pair of them I own is from a different country and therefore has widely varying quality.

I own two pairs of the khaki and they have both held up for well over a year with frequent use and washings.

I also have four or five pairs of the black for my work and these are atrocious. I've received most of them as gifts since they're not overly expensive but it shows in the construction. After one or two washings it looks like these pants have been worn for years. Washing them in cold water is a must to maintain the color at all.

They also begin to tear and fray at random places. The cuffs at the bottom of the legs are always first. They begin wearing badly after the first use. I've also found that the seams on the rear closer to the bottom/ crotch are very weak. I weigh 150lbs and wear these a little large so there is no tension on those seams. Yet, without fail after a month or two I find myself stiching closed tears that have appeared.

The only consistently good quality is that they run true to size and are very relaxed fit.
on July 23, 2014
DO NOT BUY THESE TROWSERS.
There is some sort of design defect or manufacturing mistake which leads to the left front pocket seam falling apart the first or second time you wear them. My replacement pair just ripped today, on the second day I've worn them. (They lasted one more wear than the first pair.)

They didn't get caught on a doorknob or anything -- I merely put my hands in my pockets at my office and the left pocket seam separated about an inch and a half. That's it.

And that's just how the first pair I bought came apart.

It's the same with everyone else, too: left side, top of the pocket. The right side has no problems at all.

They didn't even make a ripping sound; they just fell apart.

NOTE: These pants have the expanding seams, an ingenious design. They are extremely comfortable. There is just a fatal flaw in the construction.

Not only are these pants extremely comfortable -- they fit perfectly and look great, imo (this is the only reason they even get two stars. Normally they would deserve zero because no pants should rip in one or two normal wearings.)

Amazon was great about the first pair -- no charge; no questions asked; very fast replacement.

We'll see what they say this time.

UPDATE: 9/11/14:
Amazon as usual was great and was willing to do whatever we wanted. We decided to take the refund and keep the pants and just get them repaired so I could wear them again.
on March 27, 2015
We needed a relatively inexpensive pant we could buy multiples of for several guys that would be working a trade show booth. All the guys needed to be wearing the same "uniform" but the trouble was finding a pant style that was available in a variety of sizes and that would look good on a variety of body types. This is the pant we settled on and it was a good choice. The cotton/poly blend kept the pants looking crisp throughout the duration of the show. The flat front styling is an up-to-date look and the comfort waist-band helped assure that any "spread" between true and stated waist sizes was covered. I would absolutely buy these again.

We went with the "Ancient Stone" color but "Castlerock" was a close second. There was only one in our group who had the white pocket material showing as some have complained. However, to be fair, I am going to guess that particular guy understated his true waist size by a good four inches when we turned in the order. It seems the pants needed to be really tight on a guy in order for the white of the pocket to show in our 10-man sample. The guy who had this issue was probably a 44 waist and had a 40 waist ordered for himself. They looked uncomfortably tight on him.

I last ordered these in March of 2015 and paid $34.99.
on March 5, 2016
These are a great idea. Construction however was bad. Great part - the hidden elastic waist band makes them look good, but you can move freely. So my guy works grocery and he can look good and bend and lift to stock and they're great, which is why we purchased them. BUT 2 of the 3 pairs I bought ripped on the first wearing - right where the elastic moves to allow expansion. They are the right size, they were not stressed; they were not sewn well. It's a tricky spot and obviously the quality control wasn't there because all the threads were there, they just missed the fabric edge when they were made. Don't waste your money unless you want to mend them. I did but that's tricky too. I would have returned them but my guy needed them.
on April 23, 2015
UPDATE: Almost a year later and these Dockers win by a mile. They still look sharp, haven't faded, wash easily and barely need ironing. My husband flies a lot and even after sitting on a plane for hours they look decent. Not all Dockers seem to be created equal, but these are excellent quality and have not disappointed.

Apr 2915: Purchased these for my husband after looking through his casual slacks and trying to determine which type of Dockers fit him best. I had no idea there were so many choices. After reading reviews I gambled on these and it paid off. I've noticed the fabric is not all created equal on the Dockers in his closet. Some of the slacks feel a bit flimsy and after only a few washings look worn and faded, while others remain stiff and not terribly comfortable. These slacks are soft, made of quality fabric and press easily. They lay flat in front and look sharp. My husband just recently made a point of telling me he likes these slacks more than any of the others he has, something he doesn't typically think about sharing unless I ask. I hope they all are going to be the same quality and fit. I'll update after additional purchases. These get 5 stars.
on July 28, 2015
I like these a lot. They are much nicer than your run-of-the mill khakis, but not as spiffy as a pair of wool dress slacks. So these work very well in my business casual work environment or even just out and about as they look good with both dress and casual shoes.

I've had a "comfort" style waist in other pants and rather like them because you can get a true-to-size waist length but can still squat down or bend over freely, but I think that rather than a "comfort" waist this is more of a "denial" waist for people who aren't ready to accept that they are actually a size bigger than what they used to be. They fit pretty big everywhere - waist, leg, seat - more so than any other brand of pants I have in this same size. The pants puddle more at my shoe for the given inseam length than my other pants, too, and I found (when ordering a different pair) that getting the inseam an inch shorter than my normal provided a perfect drop to base of the heel of my show when standing. I believe if I order more of these that I will buy both the waist and inseam one size down.

I should note that I also ordered one of the discontinued patterns from this same vendor (same waist size, one-inch shorter inseam), and found that they fit very much truer to size than the other pair. So I am not really sure what to recommend for the waist size yet. This second pair is a discontinued pattern, so I suspect perhaps the cut is different from those that aren't at the discontinued/closeout price. The construction of the comfort waist definitely seems different.
on September 10, 2015
These pants are great! The 52/48 blend is soooo comfortable, as is the hidden stretchable waist!!! I've owned two pair for well over a year and wash them in warm water, even though label says to wash them in cold water. I dry them on low temp, even though label says to dry them on medium temp. I "always" have to iron them though. I have NEVER seen a pair of pants that were "wrinkle free" out of the dryer. But I don't spend too much on pants. I would never spend a $100 on a pair that's for sure. I only wish every color came in 31W x 30L!
on February 26, 2013
They arrived on time and in new condition. The pair I ordered was a replacement for a 6-7 year old pair of dockers that I wear at least once or twice a week and have seen their better day. The new pair fit well and are soft and comfortable, just like the old pair. Depending on the day, the old pair would occasionally be tight and difficult to close. It would also take an hour or so before the fabric would stretch enough so that the waist was comfortable. With the new pair there is no such problem. I also love the way they have hidden the expansion joints so that you can not tell the waist is expandable. The expansion waist is also snug enough that I don't think they will become sloppy with wear but I have not had them long enough to tell if this will become an issue. I have also not washed them enough to rate them in terms of wear but if they are anything like my previous Dockers that will not be an issue.
on December 23, 2013
I purchased these pants to accommodate my 50ish waistline. My waist is a 32 in size and I wanted the expanding waist with the famous Docker quality that I have come to know over the years. Unlike the majority of Docker pants made of 100% cotton, these are 52% cotton and made in China. I have had the pants for only a few weeks and they are already showing wear in the seat and fading in color. Even worst, I recently placed my hand in the pocket and the seam ripped! The seam is coming undone now quickly and it will be hard to repair the blind seam without the help of a tailor (which means additional $$). I would suggest finding another quality, comfort fit pant to add to your business wardrobe.
on August 30, 2013
I bought these pants because I needed black slacks. Since I could never find my size and color at the store I purchased them on Amazon. These are different from the Dockers that you would find at a clothing store. Let me explain what these pants are like.

Material:
52% Cotton and 48% Polyester. I don't know if more or less cotton makes for better pants but these pants look more faded, static-like, and more casual than classy. They look more "used". They also collect more lint and they don't feel nice when you touch them with your hand.

Fit:
I really like the wear of these "classic fit" pants. They are not too tight around the seat or thigh area but they don't look to baggy. I give these pants points for that.

Size:
They run big. I normally wear a 34x30 but I would recommend getting 2 sizes smaller. So for me it would be 32x28.

The Rating:
-1 star for being to big, -1 star for not having better material that is usual for the Dockers that you would find in stores = 3/5 stars.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.