Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 14, 2016
After many years of trying to find the right pants for my husband to use for work we have finally found them! My husband works delivering construction materials and for this he drives a boom truck. So, you can imagine how dirty he gets doing his job and sometimes when it rains he also gets wet; with these pants I can just use the regular washing cycle and they will come out like new. The first time we bought them we got them from Sears, and he loved them so much that we tried to look for them again there, but when we were not able to find them at sears I was so glad to find them here in amazon! it was definitely a lifesaver. I was definitely not looking forward to trying to find new pants when I new my husband had love these so much. Perfect fit in every way! so glad we found them.
on October 31, 2013
I'm very reluctant to buy clothes online, but these worked out just great. As with most of my clothes, I just toss them into the washer and dryer and if they survive, they're good. And that's exactly what I did with these. They survived a regular wash cycle in warm water and a full dry cycle with normal heat. Perfect. The look and fit is great too. They're not outrageously "cargo" like (with too many huge bulging pockets)--instead, they have one extra zippered pocket on the right thigh--good location, well designed, but a bit small. These, of course, are "comfort" pants, meaning they have an expandable elastic waist. I'm not a big fan of "comfort waist pants," but these fit perfectly and the expandable waist is completely hidden and not noticeable at all. Overall, I'd have to say this was a good online purchase.

PROS:
--Nice looking, good design
--Comfortable to wear
--Very washable
--Seem reasonably durable, time will tell.

CONS:
--"Cargo" pocket is a bit small and seems a superficial addition to make them "cargo" pants.
--Some may not like the expandable waist

On the whole, very good pants indeed. Perhaps the reason these were a good online purchase is, in fact, the expandable waist--they're more likely to fit without the benefit of trying them on in a store first. (Never thought I'd endorse "comfort fit" pants, but there you go...)
on March 19, 2017
These are great cargo pants. They are a good medium weight, they are comfortable, and they look good.

Here's why I didn't give them 5 stars:
* There is only 1 knee-level pocket instead of two. It's on the right and I'm left handed.
* The waist is too big. Even without the elastic extension, they are bigger than other pants that are of the same size.

To give an idea, I wear a 35x30 in Levi's 550s. They fit me perfectly. Comparing these cargo pants, I would say the 36 is closer to a 38. Next time, I'll try a 34 to see if they are less loose in the waist.
on September 1, 2017
This is the only style of khaki pants that my husband will wear, which makes me sad that they're down to only light buff. I would love to purchase some more in desert sand or especially cottonwood, which has been out of stock for years.

The comfort waistband is a must for better circulation, and the zippered, non-bulky cargo pocket is perfect for men who don't want to sit on their wallet.

Other than the lack of color varieties, my only complaint is that the fabric quality has gone down over the years. I still have a pair of these purchased in 2008 and the fabric is far more tightly woven and is much stronger even after years of heavy wear. Now they wear through at the seat or pockets within a couple of years at best.
on August 9, 2017
These pants are perfect for what I needed. The fabric is tough enough so that the pants can be used as work pants in an industrial environment, but not so thick as to be uncomfortable. The style, with the single cargo pocket, is functional but still dressy enough to be worn in a business-casual environment. They are perfect for someone like me who spends half their time on the plant floor and the other half in the office. The comfort-fit waist band is a very nice addition. Combined with the ideal weight/thickness of the fabric, it makes for a very comfortable pair of pants. I also appreciate the wide variety of sizes available. (I'm a 34W x 36L.)

The only downside that I can see at this point is that the square corners on the rear pocket flaps tend to fold up after washing. It's a minor detail, and more about appearance than anything else, but I figured I'd mention it.
on June 20, 2014
Dockers are good casual pants; that's not news. Certainly, the price and selection are more reliable on Amazon than any given store, but I am surprised that many of the colors aren't available in my size.

The Good (for me):
* Comfort Waist - It allows me to stay in the same pair of pants until I take off the occasional extra pounds that always seem to creep on to my middle.
* Zippered, Small "Cargo" pocket - I love this. I don't want bulging compartments sewn onto the outside of my pants, and this pocket is inside the leg, but accessed from the zippered opening. I find it a great place to keep a pen, since I seldom wear shirts with a pocket, and hate having a pen there, anyway.
* The Fit - They are cut slightly generous, but the seat and legs are NOT balloon-like. People with particularly generous buttocks and thighs MAY want to look at another style or the next larger waist.

The Bad (for me):
* Flap Rear Pockets - They are a bit too wide to tuck into the pocket, and the corners turn up from sitting if you button them, and the whole flap turns up if you don't. I personally don't like flap pockets; I'd prefer an interior button to secure the back pocket.
* Waist Button Closure - A percentage of these pants come with the waist button hole too small for the button to pass through. The problem is usually that the reinforcing sewing around the hole is sewn too heavy on one end (narrow end) of the hole. Fortunately, it has always been correctable (so far) with a small, CAREFUL cut with scissors. I worry that I may one day cut the reinforcing threads in a way that may cause them to unravel, but that hasn't happened yet.

The rating was only a 4 based on the limited color options in my size (36-31), the annoying rear pocket flap, and the button hole issue.
on February 26, 2014
I can wear slacks or jeans to my day-job. I usually feel too dressy in slacks and sometimes too casual in jeans. These Dockers have solved that problem. I just ordered two more pairs. If worn with dress shoes, people think they are dress slacks. I wore them today with black dress shoes and a tucked in dress shirt and everyone asked why I was so dressed up... I pulled it off! Tomorrow I will try for a more casual look with sneakers and casual shirt. I already know it will work just fine. Size is great and they aren't too baggy like other brands, but just loose fitting enough for me not to feel like an old man (I'm a pretty hip 30 something guy who dresses casual most of the time). OK, I will admit that the elastic waist band is a little cheesy and usually more geared towards old men, but if you wear a belt, you cannot even tell. It's actually hidden quite well AND it makes them fit soooo comfortably. That was my big questions about these... whether I would like the elastic or not... It's just fine with me and I don't feel like an old man. Seriously, these things are versatile enough to wear to the office or on a weekend to play a gig at the local bar! They aren’t your typical Docker style pants, but not your average cargo style either… they are a true Hybrid and a great innovation! (seriously I didn’t think I would get this excited about a pair of friggin’ pants!). Buy with confidents guys.
on June 11, 2017
Just ordered my 3rd pair I like them because.....they are cargo pants but...not. One right leg narrow pocket only, cellphones fit secure without turning sideways, and you don't have all those other stupid pockets that do nothing. They fit correct and don't shrink in washing. And... button pocket flaps in back that for some reason don't seem to curl after the drying, "NO VELCRO! to snag and ruin other cloths in the wash". The leg pocket has a quick zipper. These are the most comfortable pants I've ever owed.
on May 17, 2017
As I live and travel widely overseas, I need the cargo pocket for my daily carry of passport, etc. But I don't always want to look like a slouch with baggy cargo pouch pockets. Since I discovered these Dockers about 4 years ago, they've been my go-to pants. I think I just bought my 5th or 6th pair. Comfortable, good fit, look good, fairly hard wearing. And I wear them hard, everyday. The canvas material starts to fade after a while, and it fades at the knees faster than in other areas, and I've even managed to wear holes in the knees of at least one pair. When Dockers comes out with an invincible pair of pants in this same style, it'll be the first Amazon product worthy of 6 stars.
on June 21, 2017
I bought two pair of these from Sears for work and they were very quickly my favorite work pants. I therefore bought two more pair on Amazon in a different color for some variety. These are great all-purpose pants. Formal enough for most business casual work environments, but comfortable, and with the added convenience of a cargo pocket. I work in IT so I usually stow a USB cable, or patch cable in there, or whatever other small object(s) I may need.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.