Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 48 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 64 reviews
on September 2, 2010
The good: Dockers makes khakis for skinny men, with a good range of inseam lengths. These fit me quite well.

The bad: The sewing and fabric is of a poorer quality than before. It looks as if headquarters figured that they could make money in the recession only if they switched to a lower tier of suppliers, or asked the old suppliers to do it faster, with lower-quality fabric. The cotton is getting fuzzy on my new D1 and D2 Dockers in a way my old Dockers (here next to me) and my LL Beans (ditto) never did, even now. The length of the cotton fibers controls this, and when the company pays more for fabric, they get longer, more stable fibers that don't fuzz or pill. They don't drape as well as they did before, either. They drape like discount-quality pants, which is what they have become, I guess.

The sewing is not as good as before, in every seam. Just doesn't compare. There are stray threads in a few places, there is not enough thread on some seams, and I can see too much thread where I shouldn't. The front buttonhole was not sewed tight, and the button is becoming undone; I have only worn these D1s maybe 10 times, mind you. The buttons fell off my LL Bean's too, but after several years! And they cost about the same.

The belt loop is bigger than before, but now it is too big. For jeans I understand that some people wear a 2" belt. But for nice-looking khakis? I mean, these are not work pants. Far from it. They aren't tough enough. The waistband is 1.25" wide, and the loops drop 0.75" below that. I wouldn't say it looks silly with a normal belt, but close.
55 comments| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2016
I bought my first pair of Dockers at a JC Penney, but when I went back to buy another pair they did not have them in stock, like most stores these days.

Anyways to get to the point here, these are elegent looking pants. The problem I and it seems other people have is the quality. The seeming starts to untangle after a few months and the dye used is very low quality. I had a stain on mine. I put a small amount of regular detergent on it and rubbed it lightly to try and get the stain out. I washed and after drying them I noticed the rubbed spot took the dye off, very cheap indeed.

My last compliant is these are high-rise pants. Them being slim fit I would have expected them to be low-rise or at least mid-rise. The problem arises when getting in and out of your car or anything that requires stretching your legs. The waist fits me perfectly, but because they have a high-rise waist they constantly drag down making it difficult to move. Dockers, half way there...
on June 4, 2015
The color in the picture is WAY WAY lighter and almost looks like a check on a stone or off white background. What arrived, Made in Bangladesh, as I know they produce in many countries and have multiple fabric suppliers, was almost overall Brown, with a very very slight int of Blue in the background. For a Yarn Dyed product, was a hell of a buy, IF ONLY they would ship the color as shown. If you want what appears like a brown pair of pants from 10 feet away, this may be right for you.

Also re the fit:
Understanding everybody has a different body, Tight and very snug around the waist and thighs, but surprisingly below the knee a very slight flare, almost a Boot cut. Strange they did not keep the slim silhouette all the way down, but tried to have Midle America and Soho covered, and to me, did neither.
on March 17, 2015
I have to echo some of the comments here with my own experience. I've gone through two pairs where the seat area is getting worn out and tearing. There is definitely a difference in the quality of the fabric now and it's not as durable as it was before. Mind you, I've been the same size waist for several years and the pants on their own fit well and look great, but it doesn't make sense to dish out $30-40 every few months to replace them when they get torn up. If anyone knows of any alternatives that are slim fit and are durable, please comment. I am checking out what LL Bean has to offer, but more choices would be great.
on August 7, 2016
I used to wear the Dockers Easy Fit Khakis until I decided to try out these for a change, and spend the extra +$10 (at the time). I was impressed by the quality of the fabric compared to that of the Easy Fit, as well as the overall finish of the pants. After a few months, I bought a few more pairs (and colors). I've had these pants for over a year now and they still look great, and my black and blue pairs haven't faded unlike the Easy Fit. Also, they're very low maintenance, just throw them in the washer/dryer and you're good, they don't get easily wrinkled. I've never had to iron them, however if you like a sharp crease, then you might want to. These are my go-to pants for work and have put my Easy Fits in the donation pile.
on February 10, 2014
I've purchased quite a few of the Dockers D1 slim fit pants. Size 28x32. The first pairs I purchased were the Olive and Navy. Both were of good quality, but there were some size differences that were large enough where they should not have been present. The Olive fit much more towards my liking, as the Navy felt a little too big.

Fast forward to my purchasing of a Black and a Brown pair of the D1 pants. The sizes, again with 28x32, were wildly inconsistent with the previous pairs I had purchased. It seems that with the colored lining on the inside of the pants changing from orange to light blue, the pants have all been pushed to be larger in general. These pants fit decently, but I don't frequent them often. I eventually had to purchase a new 28x32 Olive pair, and what once was a great fitting pair of pants has now become an abysmal display of the standards and quality control with Dockers pants. The only reason I continue to purchase these pants is because of the relatively reasonable price, and the size. No stores carry 28x32, much less in slim fit. If there were other manufacturers, I would immediately jump to them.

It's a shame that my review ends on a negative note. What I found once to be a solid pair of pants has all at once become yet another product where there is no standard or equal measurement between similarly sized items.
on December 11, 2013
Sure, they fit as expected, but they tore rather unexpectedly after only a few wears of each pair. I ordered two pair of these pants within two months of one another and both have torn. TOTALLY, F'ING UNACCEPTABLE!!! My girlfriend discovered the tear in the navy-colored pair tonight, while I was putting the groceries in the fridge. I haven't worn that pair 5 times since receiving them about two weeks ago. I was in the process of ordering a third pair- the British Khaki- because it would've completed my wardrobe for the Fall, but now, I first have to get these two pair fixed. I'm assuming at the very least that these two pair came from a dry-rotting bunch sitting in a little too long in the warehouse. Because of this, they are not worth the nearly $40 Dockers is charging here on Amazon. I like the pants, and the brand a lot, and will probably chalk this circumstance up to bad timing, in terms of ordering (on both, separate occasions) on my part, and later down the road, buy another pair. I'll look at the tags on b oth pair after typing this review to see where they were made. I'm so hoping it's not China?!
on September 20, 2012
These are good pants, however you must check them carefully for defects. I have ordered many pairs of these and some come in looking great and others, not so much. The sizing is a bit inconsistent as well, but I find that issue on most affordable clothing.

If you really want a slim pair of pants, Dockers D1 sizing really fits more like a straight fit, so it isn't really slim, but also not as baggy looking as a classic fit. They don't look excessively baggy on me and I am 5'6" and 114 lbs wearing a 30 x 32. The waist seems a little big, but dockers does not make a 29" waist on most of their pants, so I can deal with the little extra room since I tend to wear thermal pants under these in the winter.

These pants are very comfortable, wash well, and do not require ironing.

I gave them 4 out of 5 stars since the manufacturing quality is inconsistent.
on June 27, 2014
To start off, I work in retail store that requires employees to wear black pants. I have always never really enjoyed wearing dress pants because they are a bit baggy to my taste. I found these at my local Khols store and was very attracted to the "slim fit" label. I decided to try on a pair in 36W 34L, which is what I normally wear in American Eagle jeans. Khols was out of 36W 34L but did have a 36W 32L which I tried. The waist was a bit smaller and the length was a bit too short as expected. I tried a 38W which fit perfectly (I ordered from Amazon since Khols did not have my size and they were more expensive). Other then the fit, they are very comfortable and look great. I would definitely recommend them!
on October 25, 2014
For my money, the best business casual dress pants/khakis you can buy, assuming they are the right size. They are not made with flimsy material and so do not wrinkle easily. The thighs, knee, and leg opening are all just right. The butt is a little tight, but that could be more due to my body type.

I also will only be buying these from Amazon. In my experience, Dockers has poor quality control, and probably sells off low quality items at a discount to retailers. Every pair I've gotten from Amazon has been true to size.

In short, a good pair of pants for slimmer guys.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.