Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Price:$16.44 - $42.50+ Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-10 of 145 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 155 reviews
on March 26, 2011
I have been buying Docker's classic pants for many years. Th Never-Iron Essential Classic Pleated model is particularly refined for wearing in professional work situations. It has a trimmer look than other models with a slightly eased and tapered suit-like fit. The pleats add comfort but don't look at all baggy as some pleats can do. The no-iron fabric with a permanent crease looks sharp yet is comfortable, truely never wrinkles, does not look artificial or shiny, and does not require dry cleaning.

The fabric, crease, and deep color (I have the Navy and Black) have held up well through months of repeated washing, including drying on relatively high heat. Even the Dockers' logo is more muted and dignified than on other models.

The one minor criticism I have (and for which I downgraded my rating by one star) is that the waistband on the Never-Iron Essential is much less forgiving than other Dockers models I have owned. This makes me think that it does not have the Dockers "individual fit" feature that I have loved that enabled me to continue to wear the same size even after gaining a few pounds over the years and at holidays. Now, you may need to consider going up a size (or lose the weight) in order to have a comfortable fit. I don't know why Dockers dropped that feature as it is still it on their Signature model, but that model is not as trim looking.

When ordering this or any Dockers men's pants, make sure you select ALL the features you want as there are many variances and it's easy to miss one the code words and end-up with the wrong product - Never-Iron Essential (vs Signature or modern), Classic, Pleated (vs Flat). Fortunately, Amazon return was effortless when that occurred to me.
11 comment| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2015
I like Dockers Khaki pants. These are good, solid pants, that need little or no ironing. That was my goal. When I pull them out of the dryer, I smooth 'em down with my hand, hang 'em up, and they're good to go. The fit is fine.

I've been buying and wearing Dockers for quite a few years now. The one thing I've noticed about Dockers pants that I've experienced with at least four pairs so far, is that they have a tendency to fray at certain places over time. Those places are at the pocket, and the hem. Places where the fabric is tightly folded.

This usually happens maybe a year into wear. Maybe nothing lasts forever, but Dockers are the one pant that I have this experience with, and I've had it with all my Dockers. And the hem is always the first place I see it.
on February 11, 2013
I buy the never-iron dockers because it is really important to me that i never have to actually touch an iron. I also like the way this Docker's style fits me.

However, with the darker colors I've noticed that they began to fade after only the first washing. now, after about 4 months it looks like the navy color need to be replaced as it has faded quite badly around the belt loops--and it looks shabby. I've bought much cheaper clothing that has been able to retain its color. Further, I always wash these inside-out (and not very frequently, maybe 2x a month) to prevent too much agitation of the outward facing surfaces.

I know cotton pants don't last forever but shouldn't they last a year?
on June 1, 2015
At first I thought these were nice pants, that they fit well and looked good, although the material was much shinier than I expected for 100% cotton — not like any khaki pants I've ever had. The one thing I especially disliked was the waist closure, which has a button and a hook — the position of the two is reversed from most pants that I've owned, forcing you to do the button before the hook (i.e. the hook is farther toward the fly opening). I find the button very difficult to get through the buttonhole when putting the pants on or taking them off, even after a couple of washings.

UPDATE: After two washings, these pants have shrunk a full inch in length, turning them into unsightly "high water" pants. They're either going back or to the Goodwill.
on April 19, 2016
This is my third pair of these pants and it is a pity they have now been discontinued by Dockers. They really are "never-iron" and look very neat and smart, as other reviewers have mentioned. The only complaint I have, which is also the reason why I have given them only 4 stars, is that I recently developed the beginning of a hole in the back pocket area, after wearing them for less than a year. Perhaps I was unlucky, but I have experienced the same problem with other less expensive Dockers pants. Even so, I would still buy them again, as the non-iron feature has saved me so much time.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2013
I received the shipment earlier than expected, neatly folded in the original plastic wrap. The fit is wonderful, especially the long rise and the long inseam. There is adequate room for proper dressage left or right without appearing gawky or feeling that Omar the tent maker did the sewing. The simple pleats in front and the hang of the inseams have a slimming effect. Big and tall guys that have difficulty finding the perfect fit in slacks will be pleased. The never-iron high quality cotton material looks fashionable and casual, just what I was looking for. The finish of the material is outstanding. The QC boss was doing his job at Dockers. No machine marks, no strings, uneven seams, missed stitches or "gross woolies". I can't comment on the durability of the slacks or how well they will wash and wear over time, but my first impression is very satisfying. The only critical comment I will make regards price. You would think these pants are designed and hand-stitched in the NY Garment District rather than Offshore. The price is nearly double what I usally pay for khakis, even though they may often be ill-fitting. But if you are one of those "you get what you pay for" people and can afford to part with a bit more of your shekels for casual clothing, these Dockers Never-Iron Khakis have your name on them.
on May 10, 2017
These Dockers are well made and should be durable. I would purchase them again.

They are comfortable and fit well.
on April 29, 2014
Fits perfectly and feels and looks expensive! Plus is that you don't need to spend an hour ironing them. Just a quick run across a hot iron will do the job in about 1-2 mins. Nothing is ever iron free.
VINE VOICEon November 3, 2014
Yep, this is the top secret classified info straight from the command deck. The info that neither you nor I can pry from Alpha-Mike-Alpha-Zulu-Oscar-November. Not for love, money... or weapons. Yep, these are in fact D3 Classic cut.

Yessirree... per Dockers Official 'Fit Guide,' the D3 are 'Classic' cut and the following descriptors apply: 'Sits naturally at the waist,' 'eased through seat and thigh,' and 'straight leg.'

I'm not sure when 'eased through seat and thigh' became part of the Classic Cut lexicon, but there it is, in all its glory.

Now you know... but keep a lid on it.
on January 31, 2016
I've been wearing these for years and couldn't find them recently in my size in stores. Unfortunately I just found out they were discontinued :(

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.