Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 21, 2014
I posted a couple photos of the "damage" for others to see.

I'm not one to get online and post negative reviews unless the product was just flat-out unacceptable. If you'll browse my review history, you'll see that almost every review I've ever given is a 4-5 stars because I like to let people know when I have a good experience with a product. Well, my experience with these Dockers was unacceptable.

I purchased two pairs of these D3 Classic Fit khakis from Kohls because I had a coupon. I have four or five different brands of khakis in my closet, and the Dockers brand seemed to be the highest quality of them all, so I decided I'd pick up a couple more pairs.

The first time I wore each pair, everything was great. They fit me really well and they were very comfortable. Then, the second time I wore Pair #1, I noticed a 2-inch tear in the butt of the pants that started next to the left-side rear belt loop. Obviously this was quite embarrassing being as I work in a downtown office with a 1/4 mile walk to my parking garage. I went home in the middle of the day to change my pants. I figured I must have gotten a defective pair so I folded them up and didn't think much about it.

Then today (a few weeks later), Pair #2 formed a tear in the EXACT SAME SPOT, only this time it was about a 5-inch tear. It's also worth noting that I was already about to throw this pair away because the seams in the crotch of the pants were already starting to come apart. So once again after a giggling coworker informed me of an enormous tear in the butt of my pants, I made the 1/4 mile trek to my car to come home and change pants.

Now, before you go assuming that this is somehow my fault, here are the facts about me:

1. I am not obese and these pants fit me very well. I am 6'2" and about 220 pounds. If anything, these pants fit me slightly loose.
2. I work in an office and I have a quality, padded chair. There are no nails sticking out to catch on the pants or anything like that.
3. As I said, I've got four or five different brands of khakis in my closet, most of which are 2-3 years old and this has NEVER happened to me before. Tomorrow, I will wear a 3-year old pair of cheap Perry Ellis khakis I got from Sam's Club.

It's disappointing to me because Dockers used to be a quality product. Maybe not the highest-end stuff, but a quality product that the average person could afford. I have two pairs of these pants purchased on the same day that fell apart within about a month and are easily beaten out by cheaper brands that have lasted me years and years.

Dockers: fix your products. Judging by the recent negative reviews, my guess is you're losing customers at a fast pace with such shoddy worksmanship. The fabric and the sewing have clearly been outsourced to the lowest bidder.
review image review image review image review image
22 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2017
I got ready for a business trip, washed them and when I got ready to put them on for my meeting, there was NO button hole to fasten the pants. The button was there but no hole. Good thing I had another pair of pants. I would NOT!!! buy from them again!!!
review image
on January 26, 2014
I've previously bought this exact same brand/design, perfect. On this latest order(Jan 2013), three things were very noticeable.
1. The material is obviously thinner, previous D3's have a heavy, thicker khaki feel, this felt like a bargain store brand.
2. The inseam was not a 34. Generally a 34 sits comfortably on top of my shoes, these were 'floating' above my shoe, possibly an inch short?
3. If you have bigger than average thighs like I do, again a no go.
4. Not a reason for returning, but the button closure was replaced by a hook

I pull out the pair I purchased over a year ago, and same exact D3 logo, same size 44/34, and very distinct difference in fit, thickness in material and fit. Got full refund, but for big athletic guys, it is hard enough to find something that fits correctly and when you do, you keep buying that same brand....somewhere along the line Dockers changed the formula and is calling it the same name. Not right.
on October 30, 2015
The first time I ordered the Dockers pants I ordered 2 pairs of 34 x 31 ( one grey and one dark olive) because a 34 x 32 is usually too long; however, when I received the pants they were both too short. Measuring the inseams, they both measured 34 x 30. Today I received the replacements and although both were reordered as 34 x 32 the inseams are actually closer to 31 inches. The good news is they aren't too long or short! The only other thing is the waist seems smaller than 34", but they do fit.
on November 21, 2013
I read with some interest all the 1 star reviews and see they were mostly several years old. They mention having a clip waist fastener and that is was causing problems. The pant I received has a button fastener. They fit perfectly, launder well, hold their crease and the shipping wrinkles were mostly washed out and one was ironed away. The material is not heavy and is quite suitable for the climate here in southeast Georgia. I ordered a pair and had to wait a long time before my order was filled, but now that I have them I will order several more pairs.
One improvement over years past - the black square Dockers patch is gone and has been replaced with a barely visible stitched product label. Way to go Dockers!
on March 3, 2011
Every name/number for dockers has changed. You will never know what you actually get. The terms D3, classic fit are meaningless since they refer to entirely different products now. I am very dissapointed in Dockers. Their own company only offers one size in one color of most products. Disaster indeed.
on August 22, 2015
Product came w/a frayed waistband on left external rear. Needed pants for a funeral and didn't have time to return (who looks a waistband anyway?). Obviously the Haitian Quality Control Inspector failed. Levis' are usually right on for quality, disappointed this time.
on December 24, 2012
Long time buyer of Dockers. As others have mentioned, quality seems to have taken a dive. It doesn't take long for the pants to look washed out. And in my case the stitching at the bottom of the pants came undone on 3 out of 10 pairs. I had to get it fixed by a tailor. To top it all off Dockers has discontinued the size I used to buy. 31x29? You will need to look someplace else. I'm exploring Land's End now as you can order custom sizes off of their website. It just isn't the same as a Dockers pant. The colors are terrible, the fabric is heavy, the cut of the pants is somewhat odd. But this is where Dockers is forcing me to buy from.
on February 25, 2013
For those of us not predisposed to wander in malls, amidst waves of noxious perfumes and potential (if not full-out) zombies, I appreciate the comfortable and reliable fit of these well-tailored Dockers. Since the tummy involved does not boast as full a rotundity as in previous years, it been wonderfully easy to order down size by size, as the Dockers fit is incredibly consistent. They maintain a dignified appearance large/mid/small; you can't go wrong!
on April 11, 2013
My husband loves these slacks. He has purchased them often for years. After reading the description of these pants on Amazon, I thought maybe these are now easy to iron. They are not. After washing these slacks are very wrinkled. They do NOT have a Permanent Crease, which I had hoped for. He will continue to buy these anyway, and it looks like I will continue to spend lots of time ironing them.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.