Lyft Vehicles Review Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

My Dockers wardrobe from the early 90's is finally beyond hope. In the early 90's I purchased a few dozen pair of Dockers pleated pants, all cotton, and have been wearing them for now nearly 25 years. The vast majority have ragged bottoms, thighs have worn through, wallet has worn holes in the back pocket...you know the drill. All old Dockers had buttons at the waist.

Now the new Dockers. Cotton/polyester blend, the relaxed fit are almost the fix from the 1990's pants, but not quite. I had a few here and there that had clips, no buttons, other had clips and buttons, and these latest have buttons only at the waist. I think there was a public outcry about buttons, so they went back to buttons. Material is kinda shiny, silky, a bit slippery compared to all cotton. Cloth is definitely thinner than the old days. I doubt these will last as long as my old ones.

I have washed these at least 10 times, ironed, and so far, they still look good. The still take a crease, and the crease has not turned into that obvious white line down the front of you leg (old cotton always did this...annoyed me).

So while they are not the good old cotton variety that we grew up with, times are a changing, so have to adapt. So far so good.

Fit is as expected...same as sizes from 90's . 90's dockers and 2017 dockers fit in the waist the same, length is good, thighs are a bit smaller. Rump fits the same in the relaxed fit.
on June 12, 2017
These pants are a staple for my husband who has worn them for most of the years he has worked in retail.
I say this because we have an expectation of receiving the same product that we always have as we usually order 6-7 pairs at a time , but this order was a disappointment because the fabric is thinner or lower quality because he began to rip them out one after another. in the past when his pants got older he might have the rear seam rip out but these were strange like stress tears straight down a leg or straight across. They just weren't the same in our estimation. We don't want to pay more but would rather pay a little more and have better quality. the last time I looked to order them I didn't see them available so maybe there will be some change in the quality because we couldn't have been the only ones who noticed the difference.
on March 21, 2014
These Dockers are not fuller cut, nor do they have the flex-fit waistband.
The D4 style in retail stores is entirely different, much fuller cut and have a hidden expanding waistband.
33 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 14, 2017
New material is awful. I used to really love these pants. I liked the fit and the material and they were comfortable. I'd buy a lot of them and didn't have to go shopping and trying on a lot of different pants to find something I liked. I recently ordered another batch of pants and they are now made out of some new material. They don't stay clean. Everything sticks to them: Dust, lint, hair, anything and everything. They never look fresh and clean even after I pull them out of the washer or after I've taken them to the dry cleaner to see if they could do a better job. I won't be buying these pants again.
on March 1, 2016
These pants are about what I expected, but not what I was really hoping for. This is WAY lighter weight than the same product would have been a few years ago. I'll wear them, but I don't expect them to last as long as Signature Dockers used to. They aren't shoddy, but neither are they a quality pair of pants. It's all about using flimsier fabric (and of course "outsourced" labor to southeast Asia sweatshops) to keep the cost down. Unfortunately, to get the "old" Dockers would probably cost $100 or more--for a pair of chinos.
on March 18, 2017
These pants are a 'will do' rather than a nice pair of well fitting Dockers. Anthony is difficult to fit. It is too bad these are discontinued, out of the four pair I ordered by different makers, I had to return the other three. I would have bought more of these.
on October 13, 2017
I've been wearing the D4 style for a decade, at least. I was a little apprehensive at the material change as it might make a difference, but it's the same terrific comfortable relaxed fit I've grown to love for so long.
on November 27, 2017
The fit is comfortable. That is the best I can say about these pants. The material has a strange shiny surface. The cuffs frayed surprisingly fast. Has the absolute minimal number of belt loops so that a belt can not hold these pants in a good shape. Cheap material and/or quality control.
on October 10, 2017
The pants looks great on my husband. However, when the pkg arrived there was a correct size on the plastic but the pants were a 32 length instead of what we ordered a 30 inch length. They fit anyway and we kept them. He really likes them.
on February 10, 2017
Totally recommended, I use it daily for the office, very resistant.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.