|Price:||$13.04 ($0.11 / Count) & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $0.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Doctor's Best Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM, Capsules, 120-Count
- Doctor's Best Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM featuring OptiMSM supports joint structure, function and comfort
- A potent combination of three proven, purified ingredients that help build the cushy cartilage that serves as a shock absorber for your joints
- Each serving provides 750mg of glucosamine sulfate, 600mg of chondroitin sulfate, and 500mg of MSM
- Non-GMO and Gluten Free
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Size: 120 count
From the Manufacturer
Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM - 120 Capsules
- UPC B000NRYU4W
Doctor's Best Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM featuring OptiMSM
Doctor’s Best Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM featuring OptiMSM supports joint structure, function and comfort. It is a potent combination of three proven, purified ingredients that help build the cushy cartilage that serves as a shock absorber for your joints. Each serving provides 750mg of glucosamine sulfate, 600mg of chondroitin sulfate, and 500mg of MSM.*
Source: American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Why Take Glucosamine/Chondroitin/ MSM?
In your joints, the cushy cartilage between bones gets worn away by sports injuries, overuse, or wear-and-tear that can cause joint pain. Glucosamine helps stimulate cartilage production in the joints. Chondroitin is a component of cartilage tissue that attracts water to the tissue, which helps the cartilage stay elastic and function as a shock absorber for joints. MSM is a natural sulfur to help form antioxidants and serve as a key structural nutrient in healthy connective tissues to give shape, strength and support to other tissues within the body. This combination of ingredients has been proven to support joint structure, function and comfort.*
What is Doctor’s Best Glucosamine/ Chondroitin/MSM featuring OptiMSM?
It is a potent combination of three clinically proven, purified ingredients that help build the cushy cartilage that serves as a shock absorber for your joints.*
- Glucosamine sulfate is extracted from chitin, a long-chain polymer consisting of many glucosamine molecules linked together. Chitin forms structural frameworks in many living things, including aquatic crustaceans. Doctor’s Best glucosamine is purified and then sulfated and stabilized with potassium chloride. It is processed to remove residues of protein and impurities, yielding pure glucosamine sulfate as the final material.*
- Chondroitin sulfate is a chemical in cartilage around joints in the body. Chondroitin sulfate is manufactured from bovine cartilage. Doctor’s Best uses chondroitin sulfate with a purity of 90 percent or greater. Quality assurance testing is performed using sophisticated laboratory analytical methods.*
- MSM is an excellent dietary source of bioavailable organic sulfur. Doctor’s Best MSM features OptiMSM, a highly purified form (99.9% pure) of methylsulfonylmethane (MSM). Since the amount of MSM found naturally in living materials is too small to be extracted, the MSM used for dietary supplements is synthesized. The makers of OptiMSM developed a four-stage process to separate impurities including heavy metals and other contaminants and is 99.9% pure MSM. Each batch exceeds the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) monograph standards for MSM and is validated by testing in independent laboratories.*
About Doctor's Best
- Doctor’s Best supports healthy living by creating science-led supplement solutions of uncompromising quality and value. It’s our mission to provide accessible education and truthful advocacy that empowers consumers to make smart supplement choices. Our extensive product line features many vegan, gluten-free and non-GMO supplements to fit your lifestyle and help you achieve peak nutritional wellness.*
How does it work?
Articular cartilage is a connective tissue composed of specialized cells (chondrocytes) embedded in a matrix of protein fibers (mostly collagen) and clusters of complex proteoglycan molecules that consist of a protein core with numerous side chains. These side chains, chiefly chondroitin sulfate and keratin sulfate, are long polysaccharide molecules called glycosaminoglycans.*
Chondroitin sulfate and the other glycosaminoglycans strongly attract water due to the negative charges of their sulfate groups. These negative charges also repel each other, creating spaces between glycosaminoglycan side chains where water can enter. This combination of solid and liquid gives cartilage a compressible quality that allows it to function as a shock absorber for joints.*
Glucosamine is a fundamental building block for proteoglycans and glycosaminoglycans. Glucosamine sulfate (GS) helps to maintain joint health through its ability to both act as a component of and stimulate formation of cartilage glycosaminoglycans and the hyaluronic acid backbone essential for the formation of cartilage proteoglycans.*
MSM contains two oxygen atoms and two methyl groups bound to a sulfur atom. As it donates its methyl groups, MSM enables important metabolic functions, including energy transduction and enzyme regulation. MSM’s use in joint stems from its organic sulfur support of the disulfide bonds that reinforce collagen fibers, a property that’s believed to promote connective tissue integrity and resilience.*
Mansour, J., 2004, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: Baltimore. p. 14., Kelly, G.S.. Altern Med Rev, 1998. 3(1): p. 27-39, Lee, Y.H., et al.. Rheumatol Int, 2010. 30(3): p. 357-63. Huskisson, E.C., J Int Med Res, 2008. 36(6): p. 1161-79. Vangsness, C.T., Jr., W. Spiker, and J. Erickson, Arthroscopy, 2009. 25(1): p. 86-94. Noack, W., et al., Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 1994. 2: p. 51-59. Muller-Fassbender, H., et al., Osteoarthritis Cartilage, 1994. 2(1): p. 61-9. Herrero-Beaumont, G.et al., Arthritis Rheum, 2007. 56(2):p 555-67. Monfort, J., et al., Ann Rheum Dis, 2008. 67(6): p. 735-40. Kim, L.S., et al., Osteoarthritis Cartilage, 2006. 14(3): p. 286-94. Usha, P.R. and M.U. Naidu, Randomised, Clin Drug Investig, 2004. 24(6): p. 353-63.
Chloride (from glucosamine sulfate 2KCl), Sodium (from chondroitin sulfate sodium), Potassium (from glucosamine sulfate 2KCl), Glucosamine sulfate 2KCl, Chondroitin sulfate (from chondroitin sulfate sodium), Methylsulfonylmethane OptiMSM, cellulose, magnesium stearate (vegetable source), gelatin capsule.
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules twice daily, with or without food. Store in a cool dry place.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
I checked Amazon for prices and recommendations and ended up with Doctor's Best. After less than 2 weeks I noticed that my hip joint wasn't bothering me any more. It wasn't instant, just one day I noticed I wasn't limping. Son of a gun, this stuff works. It sure beats taking a lot of ibuprofin. I highly recommend it for "greasing up" and smoothing out your joints.
For those who think it may be just a placebo effect - I'm the one that buys our household supplements and I make up my husbands daily supplements (we each have a weekly pill holder for natural supplements). He doesn't pay attention to what I give him. But when I had to go out of town for a few months he put together his supplements and thought he only needed to take one a day of this capsule. When we talked by phone he told me he was in so much pain and I couldn’t understand why. When I got home and he was still in pain I looked over what he'd been taking and I realized he was only taking one capsule a day. So I starting giving him 2 a day (like I did before I left) and after about 2 weeks of being back on 2 a day his pain subsided. He didn't even realize he'd reduced the dose (he thought I was always only giving him one a day) and he didn't realize I increased it again. All he knew was the pain worsened when I left and got better a few weeks after I came home. To me that's proof that 2 a day of this product greatly decreases joint pain. And now I write "2 Per Day" on the bottle so he never has to feel that pain again.
One thing that should be noted about this particular Drs Best brand. This bottle contains all three ingredients in a standard regular dose, not a double or triple strength dosage that is available in lots of other brands. Some people that have advance or very painful arthritis may need the extra strength variety. In my opinion its best to try the lower dosage first only because you may be just spending extra money for the potent dose without needing it. The price and quantity of this Drs best GC is an excellent value, and as quality a supplement of all three ingredients you can buy. Highly recommended, as is all the Drs Best supplements I have used are...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Doesn't help, I think all Glusosamine are no better than sugar tablets. Cant get ortho or family doc to advise one way or the other. So just go by my pain. Doesn't help.Published 3 days ago by Woodie K. Williams
Starting working to reduce the pain in my big toe joint right away.Published 6 days ago by Always Moving