Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Does Amazon ship the U.S. release or the U.K. release?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 25, 2011, 12:09:53 PM PDT
Seth Bouldin says:
Just wondering, as all of the other sellers seem to import it from the U.K. and I want the U.S. version. Thanks!

Posted on May 17, 2011, 12:31:27 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 30, 2011, 11:30:12 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 2, 2011, 6:02:19 AM PDT
Ammann Lukas says:
I cants say for fact, but Im 99% sure they ship the US version.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012, 10:35:57 AM PDT
Fuzzy says:
Other than the packaging what is difference?

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012, 11:13:58 AM PDT
D. Stroebe says:
I have the same question. I only want US version, too many negative reviews about the UK set.

Posted on May 30, 2012, 11:45:53 AM PDT
Ammann Lukas says:
Then buy it right now!!!!! Its Amazon´s deal of the day and at $29.99 its a steal!!!!!! Its, in my opinion, MUCH nicer than the UK set. Its the exact same layout as the Star Wars pack (both fox).

Posted on May 30, 2012, 12:05:39 PM PDT
Sandeep says:
Ok i ordered the Region free UK edition. What are the 'negative' reviews of the UK version? Please help! I can cancel and order the US version otherwise. Though the region-free is a nice to have.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012, 12:12:05 PM PDT
Sandeep says:
What are the negative reviews? Can you plz let me know? Thx.

Posted on May 30, 2012, 12:38:40 PM PDT
Ammann Lukas says:
There are 2 UK sets, one that goes for 9.99 pounds and another that goes for 17.49 pounds. The cheaper one is newer, but only includes the movies. No extras discs. (4 discs). The 17.49 one includes the extras discs, so, in terms of content, you get the same than the US version. The difference with the US version is in the packaging. The US version comes in book style packaging, with sturdy (?) covers and embeded pages with artwork and info. Just like the Star wars bluray set. Its much nicer and heavier. Looks more pro. Go to youtube and look for reviews. Its full of them and there you can see how it looks. At this special offer price, I wouldnt doubt going for the US version!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012, 6:01:19 PM PDT
Sandeep says:
The US version book means you have to slide the disc in/out. The UK version has the pop-out plastic. Isnt that better for the disc? The book looks good but is the UK set more functional? Torn between the 2....

Posted on May 30, 2012, 7:54:17 PM PDT
Luigui says:
This is the US version or the UK version. I placed the order right now?

I want the us version. Anyone knows what version is ?

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012, 9:46:34 PM PDT
Grumbler says:
just find some cd cases at the thrift store and store your discs in them instead of the paper disc scratches. Takes a little more room but keeps your discs playing.

Posted on May 31, 2012, 5:41:02 AM PDT
Ammann Lukas says:
This is the US version! Price is up already as yesterdays was a "Deal of the day" thingy. Still cheap though, at $39.99.
You do have to slide the discs in and out, but unless you are planning on REALLY using them A LOT, it shouldn´t be a problem.

Believe me, the UK version looks and feels a lot cheaper (well, it is). The old UK version, which they dont sell anymore, was sturdy and thick like the US version, but with regular disc slots instead. It was really nice. Its out of print unfortunately (and I still prefered the US version).

Posted on Apr 24, 2013, 2:20:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2013, 2:22:55 AM PDT
Prometheus77 says:
Geez, I will never be able to understand, why they can't just release the same damn thing all over the world. Why is there a book with cool artwork in the US and a fold out in the UK?? Still better though, than the plastic box of the reissue they have now.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Mar 25, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about