Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Does this work with a D3100? Any idea if this remote will work with a Nikon D3100? Haven't seen as model is relativly new. Thanks.

-Rob
asked by Robert M. Larsen on October 4, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
No, that model does not have an IR receiver.

If you are looking to use a remote, you will need the MC-DC2 wired remote, which plugs into the accessory terminal as stated in your user manual on page 177.

Or an IR remote that includes a receiver that plugs into the accessory terminal. (I am unaware of any, however, when I was searching eBay for the ML-L3, a two-piece remote popped up in the results, unfortunately, they gave no details.)
Charles answered on January 2, 2011
Comment | 9 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No, the D3100 does not have an IR transmitter built into the unit unlike it's predecessor the D3000 [yup, can't believe it either]. There is supposedly an after market remote that you can buy and adapt to the D3100 wireless. Cactus V5s or Yongnuo RF-602/603s.
D. Jones answered on February 12, 2011
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
did this product work with d3100
Dr. Beverly A. Piccillo answered on January 17, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I can't believe that this remote will not work with the D3100. I guess that I'll have to believe it. Bad, Nikon, bad. I just purchased the 3100 form Amazon, and now Amazon offers this remote to me as a "Gold Box Deal". Thanks for the info. I'm glad that I found this before making the purchase.
K. Holcomb answered on March 11, 2011

A
extremely disappointing but it appears that the D3100 has no IR receiver unlike the "lowly" D70 I replaced. No wonder why I couldn't find a mention of it in the very thick manual. Too bad.
science major answered on November 28, 2014

A
what? you have to be kidding. I purchased the D3100, 18-105mm lens etc.. and the remote from the MOST reputable camera store in Dallas. Nobody told me that a remote wasn't available for this camera..
S. Burns answered on January 6, 2011
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am wondering the same, does it work with the D3100?
M. Siedler answered on December 31, 2010
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
did it work with the d3100 this remote?
Dr. Beverly A. Piccillo answered on January 17, 2011
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Rob, did you figure out the answer by any chance?
Thanks.

Usif
Yousif A Al Ghawas answered on December 23, 2010
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Nov 18, 2010, 12:36:52 PM PST]
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product