Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on October 27, 2017
Neat book to read. Our book group read Astrophysics for People in a Hurry. I used Doe God Have a Big Toe? as the introduction and it was fun to read and listen to. Easy to see how children would love the style of writing and the content.
on September 6, 2017
I used this book years ago with great success in church programming. I am glad to have a copy again. A colleague just used it as a part of a conference and I fell in love all over again.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
This is a collection of charming, theologically sound stories using familiar Genesis texts. Suitable for children and adults, with each brief tale incorporating a number of life-lessons. I use these in sermons, as introductions for worship, as invitations to membership and volunteering. The illustrations are delightful. Rabbi Gellman knows how to catch our attention, how to keep us engaged. He gives us reasons to think about the story later, and to apply it to our own experiences. This is my second copy--it resides happily on the shelf with the Bibles, the hymnals, and the commentaries. If I could only have one book of stories for children in my office, this would be it.
on January 19, 2018
Love this book. Grinned as I read new takes on beloved stories.
on November 7, 2016
Loved reading this book to our daughter when she was in pre-school. Looking forward to using it with our granddaughter when she gets a little older.
on May 7, 2014
As someone who enjoys hearing and retelling a great story, this collection of Old Testament stories is a timeless treasure. We all know the story lines but very few have had the opportunity to examine the underlying significance of each story and be exposed to the author's brilliant wit. The author reminds us of the importance of posing valuable questions without always being able to provide answers.
on October 18, 2016
Funny book! You have to have a sense of humor to get this book. As someone who loves short stories and poems I have to say this was great!
on February 6, 2017
My favorite Bible story book, I have given several copies to new parents, Love the stories
on December 12, 2012
I have loved this book for many years. It is timeless, opening for children a beautiful way to engage the stories playfully AND meaningfully. I recommend this book all the time! It deepens understanding, and brings the characters to life; no longer are they dry, dusty figures from long ago, but people, real and complex. And God is wise and loving...and sometimes funny in understanding humans!
on April 26, 2016
This has great stories to use as devotionals or as answers to questions that man of us have about the Bible. Very clever little book.