Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen
Customer Discussions > Portal 2 - Xbox 360 forum

Does anyone who bought this game feel cheated

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 5, 2011, 10:02:40 AM PDT
Don Squeek says:
I mean how does a game with such good reviews go from $60 bucks to 35 in two weeks? Two Worlds didn't drop off that fast and it was garbage. Whats the point on paying 60 bucks for a game when 2 weeks later you can have the game half off. Way to reward the loyal fans by making them pay the most. What a joke move.

Posted on May 5, 2011, 1:38:23 PM PDT
Draven says:
Yeah, I certainly feel cheated but oh well this happens sometimes and you just have to deal with it.

Posted on May 5, 2011, 2:16:18 PM PDT
Last Gamer says:
Two Worlds didn't drop off precisely because it's garbage. The devs are hoping to salvage as much as they can from that train wreck of a game.

Portal 2 on the other hand is selling well enough that Valve can afford to give a little.

Posted on May 5, 2011, 5:38:35 PM PDT
Ari says:
they said that i was a planned promotion.
use google next time this is a useless thread

Posted on May 5, 2011, 6:00:27 PM PDT
Kai Minato says:
Because Amazon is having a sale/promotion?
Seriously, is it that hard to figure out? The game still costs 50 on Steam.

Posted on May 6, 2011, 8:17:30 AM PDT
Don Squeek says:
Its only 40 bucks at gamestop too. I still haven't bought the game, I just thought it was funny it dropped in price so fast and with such amazing reviews. WIsh more games would do this though, I can wait an extra week and a half to play a game if it is going to be discounted as much as 50%. I would be able to stop reserving games as well, whats the point of a reservation to pay full price when a price drop is right around the corner.

Posted on May 6, 2011, 5:49:16 PM PDT
Zeus Carver says:
The game was alittle short so theyre afraid of used game sales so by lowering the price they can beat the market. worked with mortal kombat.

Posted on May 6, 2011, 7:15:37 PM PDT
Mike says:
It's on sale everywhere, because it's not selling as well as expected. That is what you do to goose sales, put your product on sale.

Posted on May 11, 2011, 7:24:47 AM PDT
Cheated, No! I got the 20 dollar bonus for pre-ordering, so that puts me there at 34.99. The game was also lowered to 54.99 before release. It was worth every penny! I had a blast with story and multiplayer! I am keeping my copy for the free DLC coming this summer.

Posted on May 14, 2011, 2:37:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2011, 2:38:08 PM PDT
V. Row says:
Thats how the market works, its supply and demand and it has nothing to do with the reviews or you feeling cheated. If not enought people buy the game the price will come down. And you know what, I'm pretty sure the game publisher/developer is feeling cheated too. They are losing out when the value of the game drops that quick.
At the end of the day, no one wins with a lower price except the people who did not buy the game.

Posted on Jun 3, 2011, 9:50:55 PM PDT
Syrsly says:
I bought the game as soon as it was released for $35 from Amazon. Steam still had it at $50 at that point, and they still have it at $50 now. That said, the game is absurdly cheap, and I feel a little cheated just because I thought I was taking advantage of a sale; not buying it at the regular price.

The game is brilliant, though. I gave it a 5/5 in my review on both Amazon and my own site.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2011, 9:53:45 PM PDT
Syrsly says:
Pre-ordering didn't really get you anything, though. Steam should give the pre-order folks an extra bonus, like a free, exclusive DLC the rest of us can't even buy. It could be something simple, though, like a free copy of Portal 2: The Final Hours.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2011, 2:00:45 PM PDT
Syrsly says:
Two Worlds II isn't even functional. Once you get past a certain point in the game, the game gets sluggish and unresponsive. It also blurs way too much!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2011, 3:52:01 PM PDT
xbxtechy says:
This game is the best SMART people game. You just
can't get through it thats why you hate it so much. It
doesn't matter what price it is as long its a good game.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Portal 2 - Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  May 5, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 19, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
Portal 2 - Xbox 360
Portal 2 - Xbox 360 by Valve (Xbox 360)
4.7 out of 5 stars (829)