Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17
Does anyone know if the Winkle is BPA-free? The packaging, their website, here on Amazon - nowhere does it say that nor what it is made out of.
asked by kskiska on September 22, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
vc answered on April 8, 2012
Comment (1) | 19 of 20 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I came across this on a search:

Manhattan Toy Winkel: Colorful loops made from soft, pliable BPA-free plastic, are easy to grasp and hold, plus it can be refrigerated it for a soothing teether!. . Ages 0+

Also, there is nothing listed on healthystuff.org for that toy, so it seems to be 100% safe :) I got one for my granddaughter.
Ruby answered on September 25, 2010
Comment (1) | 15 of 16 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Unfortunately, BPA-free is not the end of the cause for concern--it is just the beginning. It is now known that an alternative to BPA, called BPS, is widely used in its place, allowing products to claim BPA-free. BPS has been documented to act as a stronger, more dangerous endocrine disrupter than BPA, as well as more persistent in the environment. This toy has BPS if it is not disclosed to omit it.
Aurora Echo Pitney answered on July 26, 2014
Comment (1) | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No BPA detected by HealthyStuff.org... read more: http://www.healthystuff.org/product.details.php?bcmode=search&getrecno=27
mrsslabbers answered on January 18, 2014
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Made in CHINA...I will not be buying it for that reason..
I'm Now buying "Green Toy's" from Amazon..Recycled , Made in the USA. Yay.
Great Cook, Great Cook answered on March 7, 2015
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
How on earth did we ever survive our own childhood? I cannot believe I survived without a bike helmet, a ski helmet, elbow and knee pads in a world filled with toxic plastic, toxic air, and toxic people.
B. K. Scott answered on October 5, 2010
Comments (3) | 10 of 52 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Mar 7, 2015, 12:50:21 PM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product