Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > New Super Mario Bros. 2 forum

Does anyone think...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 27, 2012, 9:01:53 PM PDT
Does anyone think this and NSMB U look different enough from each other to purchase both games? I hate to be "that guy" and ask, but I think that it's a reasonable question to ask.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012, 3:55:19 AM PDT
koolaid man says:
I think so. You'll always have people who will say 'boring 2d mario, done that before' but that's the point, its still fun. The coinage thing with NSMB2 is interesting to say the least, they only barely showed what is really in the game so that would mean there is still a lot to surprise with.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012, 1:33:39 PM PDT
nkilburne says:
At the end of the day, if you like the NSMB series, then both games will be worth it because each one will have a full game's worth of levels for you. Personally, I'm not psyched with the screens & videos I've seen of NSMB U. Nothing looks that great given that it's Nintendo's first "HD" game...Just my two cents.

NSMB2 looks fun though...has me thinking about buying another 3DS! (Sold mine a few months ago)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012, 3:16:14 PM PDT
marioman says:
You shoud wait till August 19, 2012 for the Nintendo 3ds XL and you can bundle it with New Super Mario Bros. 2. Details about it are in the Nintendo Direct in this link: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/06-21-2012/ Hope this helps!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012, 3:17:35 PM PDT
marioman says:
It is very diffrent, TRUST ME.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012, 8:21:08 PM PDT
Yeah, I think they'll both be really different, and am personally looking forward to getting each one. I more or less wanted to see where everyone else is on the matter.

Posted on Jun 29, 2012, 1:02:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 29, 2012, 1:03:04 PM PDT
I personally love the concepts of both games. The coin collecting emphasis for NSMB2 is something I know I will enjoy. I only played about half of NSMB Wii co-op with my brother, so the look of NSMB U is not stale for me. Plus, the option to use the GamePad seems like a nice way to get my parents or my girlfriend playing a traditional Mario platforming game. I pre-ordered NSMB2, but waiting for the official price of the Wii U system and games before pre-ordering NSMB U.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012, 3:55:32 PM PST
NSMB U is much more promising.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jun 27, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
New Super Mario Bros. 2
New Super Mario Bros. 2 by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
4.7 out of 5 stars (744)