Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Deus Ex: Human Revolution forum

Does anyonew think this will be good?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 11, 2011, 2:35:48 PM PST
Nobody says:
Nothing would be cooler than a 9.5 out of 10 Deus Ex game but neither Eidos or Square/Enix's recent releases give me any reason to get excited. I'm afraid it will be a 7.5, 8 tops. It just seems like so many games on this level come out with all this hype and turn out to be "just another game"

Posted on Mar 18, 2011, 11:52:03 PM PDT
this one is gonna be GOOD!!

Posted on Jun 14, 2011, 8:44:10 PM PDT
Delays in video games are not always bad, and a lot of times it is good. I'm for all the time they need to polish this badboy up and making it into one of the finest shooters ever. I have no doubt in my mind this game will be amazing.

Posted on Jun 17, 2011, 3:06:41 AM PDT
J. Long says:
Do people really think that 7.5/8 score = bad game?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2011, 5:54:32 PM PDT
KayT3X says:
Depends what people think, but for me, 7.5/8 games may not be bad. For me, I want to buy this game no matter what, because I am a big fan of Action RPG, FPS, and Stealth (also big fan of splinter cell series). Once I see gameplays in YouTube, it still amazes me, and I think it is replayable for me. I mostly ignore score, because sometimes it may be a great game. Ask a lot of questions yourself, like "Is stealth good genre for me?", "Is this replayable for me?", "Won't I regret if I buy this game?", "Should I wait for this?", "Maybe I will decide after read all reviews".

Posted on Jun 20, 2011, 9:07:24 PM PDT
Ari says:
i just finished playing crysis 2 and the graphics and gameplay seem to be similar for some reason lol... that's a good thing!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2011, 12:16:18 AM PDT
Did you like Crysis 2? Trying to find the best deal to pick it up, just finished Vanquish this past weekend, and that has potential to be a very good sequel

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2011, 8:05:38 AM PDT
7.5/8 isn't a bad game, but it wouldn't be a day 1 buy for me.

Posted on Jul 11, 2011, 2:41:23 PM PDT
You only try what other people tell you to like?

Posted on Jul 12, 2011, 4:58:23 AM PDT
A. OFlaherty says:
I'm liking this game the more I see from it. I'm alright with the graphics maybe not being top-notch considering the expansiveness of the world the developers had to create.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2011, 6:04:56 PM PDT
Ari says:
yeah online was fun but didn't keep me too hooked, but the single player was a great experience. only about 10 hours long though

Posted on Jul 13, 2011, 7:41:57 AM PDT
Eric Radliff says:
A bunch of developer commentary demos are up on ign http://pc.ign.com/articles/118/1181886p1.html I think the games looks great, a must buy for me!

Posted on Jul 16, 2011, 2:57:59 PM PDT
WildOat says:
I don't know if this game will be any good, but one things a shew in and that's it will be like others in that new games seem to be a rip-off of another games, same as it ever was.

Posted on Jul 17, 2011, 12:32:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 17, 2011, 12:43:15 AM PDT
This indeed will be an excellent game, after reading the kind of games you like I'm sure you will enjoy it. The graphics might not be the best for current console standards but have in mind the strong points of the game: 1) Multiple ways to solve missions (Stealth, Guns Blazing, Socially) 2) Story plot is very deep (well thought out) and connected to many ocurrences of the real world nowadays 3) Open world gameplay while exploring "city hubs" 4) replayability 5) 20/30 hour playthrough depending the player and how much he/she explores (a great thing for todays average).

I've been following this game closely for about 2 years now, and being a very critical and picky Gamer I tell you...this game won't disappoint, mainly because developers have stayed true and close to what made the original Deus Ex such an incredible experience and a game ahead of it's time, besides Eidos Montreal has not rushed the development and actually delayed the game to polish it as much as possible which is a dying practice in the current Gaming Industry enviroment, making the market to be over saturated with mediocre and rushed games.

DE: Human Revolution has been in development for about 4 years.

It has Warren's Spector (Deus Ex Creator) "Blessing" and aproval.

But in the end don't take my word, I suggest you to read several previews from Gaming media outlets of your preference that you deem reliable and watch all the promotional and walktrought videos released lately.

The game is practically a month away, hope my opinion helps you to make up your mind of what I don't doubt will be a great game. It hasn't received too much marketing and therefore people's attention, which is Square Enix's fault, however don't let their recent lack of appropiate managerial choices deprive you of picking up what might be the "2011 Sleeper Hit".

Posted on Jul 17, 2011, 4:43:53 PM PDT
WildOat says:
I read the minimum specs needed to run this game to get the most out of it on PC and it blows my mind. If there was any question of which format, PC, Playstation3 or Xbox, would be better it is by double on the PC. Yes this game will be nuclear, the bomb. Sah-Weet.

Posted on Jul 17, 2011, 10:28:49 PM PDT
@WildOat

Totally agree this game will be clearly superior on PC, in my case I'll get it for 360 as I play mostly on it and don't own a high-end PC.

Still I know I'll enjoy it greatly and you're right this will be....Nuclear!!! haha

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2011, 12:26:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 30, 2011, 12:58:18 AM PDT
MY PRECIOUS says:
A couple of first review scores (not the actual published magazine review) have been reported for each the PS3 & PC versions of the game. Both reviews sound really positive:

http://playstation.systemlink.me/2011/07/first-deus-ex-human-revolution-ps3.html

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/07/29/deus-ex-human-revolution-review-scores-94-and-an-editors-choice-award-in-pc-gamer/

Being a fan of the earlier Deus Ex games and the long wait i had to endure for the 3rd game, I plan on getting both (my poor wallet) the Xbox and PS3 versions, (each a copy for my girlfriend and I, so we don't have to fight for playtime over a copy. Plus, she's a PS3 fangirl, lol just kidding).

Juancho, i don't own a high-end PC either, if i did, i would probably buy the PC version of the game also, and usually don't buy multiple versions of a game. But i think that all 3 versions of the game (console and PC) will be a nearly identical playing experience, with the PC graphics obviously ousting the console versions on a higher end PC. As long as it has an engaging story and great gameplay, it doesn't matter to me what version i have, regardless of the graphical differences.

All that has to happen now is an HD remake of the first 2 games........... c'mon Eidos!!!!!! Lol!

Posted on Jul 31, 2011, 6:21:05 PM PDT
Satoru S. says:
I watch some of the leeked videos on youtube and it looks good so I preorderd it. I wanted to try something different. I havent played a stealth game in a while .

Posted on Aug 7, 2011, 9:01:57 PM PDT
GJMartinez says:
I would like to get this game. Never played any Deus Ex games before so I'm looking forward to explore this game. Action RPG, Stealth sounds awesome. Can't wait! Oh and the comic con figures from play arts kai look sweet from this game!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2011, 1:09:47 PM PDT
i agree, 100%. this game looks to have A LOT of replayability, which is a huge plus for me.

Posted on Aug 15, 2011, 11:27:48 PM PDT
Tommy Karate says:
From what i heard and read there was a leaked copy of this game and everyone was giving it high praise. I have read from pretty reliable sites that people who have played the leaked copy stated it was amazing and one of the best shooters of the last decade. Also a couple early reviews leaked already and all of them have been at least a 9/10 some 9.5/10 and i even saw a 10/10. PC Gamer gave this a 94% rating and they are usually pretty good with reviews and usually rate on a pretty tough rating system. There was questions over PC Gamers Dragon Age 2 review but for the most part i trust them.

So all in all if what is being said is true this game will be amazing. From the looks of it, i think it will be good (I do not see another let down like horrible BRINK). So lets all hope that these reviews are acurate, and if they are i can not wait for this to release and am excited. After hearing all this i put a pre order in for release day delivery.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2011, 6:12:40 PM PDT
frodecatur says:
Played this game all morning and can't wait to get home and play more. So far its the best game I've played this year. Definitely worth it

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2011, 7:38:14 AM PDT
JJ says:
How have you been playing it? It doesn't come out till Tuesday, nice try...

Posted on Aug 19, 2011, 11:51:47 AM PDT
Satoru S. says:
jj there has been a leek copy out of the games for month for the pc many have played it.
just check youtube for videos.
lol fail

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2011, 2:30:19 PM PDT
JJ says:
Wow, that's too bad for the developer I guess.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  20
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Mar 11, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 19, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Deus Ex: Human Revolution by Square Enix (Xbox 360)
4.3 out of 5 stars (289)