Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM
Does this model come with the Leica lens as in Europe?
asked by C Herrnberger on March 8, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
I don't know the lens brand. I don't think it is leica. However I can tell you that the camcorder has a great image quality.
Paulo Machado answered on March 8, 2013
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It is supposed to have a Leica lens but I do not see the word Leica anywhere on the housing or on the edge of the lens. I do not see any other name that refers to the lens.
Amazon Customer answered on March 8, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have no idea. The whole camera was made in Japan, and there is no indication that the lens was made in another place. I suggest you call and ask. Their number in the US: 800-211-7262.
E. Rabinovich answered on March 8, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It does not say leica, so it probably is not. It is an excellent lens though.
Buyer answered on March 8, 2013

A
I bought my unit here on amazon. Just like the other posters the lens in not marked with any specific mfg logo. The instruction manual in the specification section does not mention the mfg of the lens either. We have to remember that we are not buying this for perfect still photos. We are buying this for its high definition video, auto focus, and image stabilization. This is my third video recorder and it is truly amazing.
HD For Everyone answered on March 8, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No, the X900 model does.
thunder1202 answered on March 8, 2013

A
I looked the camera up and down and checked the instructions and box, but there is no indication what the lens make is. I still will say the image is great, no matter who made the lens.
MMREDSOX answered on March 10, 2013

A
Yes it has a Leica lens
Amy H. Aldridge answered on March 11, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product