Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Dog Photography For Dummies
Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$14.12+ Free shipping

on May 3, 2013
For amateur photographers the book gave simple but useful tips that helped me to plan my day out shooting my four legged buddy. Its true before you head out pack the simple treats and know the areas you will shoot before you get out there. Most parks will be full of other pets and that could prove very distracting when trying to keep your subject focused to you. Not recommended in my opinion, I would find places off the beaten path and not frequented or popular with other pets. Enjoyed the book, hope you will to.
on April 21, 2013
I bought this book, bc I was needing a few more pointers with my slr camera, and I also specialize in pet photography, so I figured this would be a perfect book to guide me on that. I haven't even finished reading it, but the info I have read so far as worth it. The dummies books are always easy to read, with very details explanations, and this book is the same.
on October 8, 2012
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It was very thorough and covered many aspects of photographing dogs. I especially liked the section on how to photograph black dogs, white dogs and dogs in the snow. It covered everything from how to set aperature, shutter priority and ISO to how to get the dogs to respond so one can get good photos.
on November 6, 2013
It was very helpful. I can hardly wait to use this knowledge to improve on photos of my pets. Some of the things mentioned I had never considered or how to to do. I think most of it would work for any pet you want to photograph with few changes for the type of pet.Thanks
on January 18, 2016
recommend this book ! easy reading and understanding. of course all the "dummies" are. thank you
on December 5, 2014
Fantastic refresher and great tips. Clear understable language for the expert and novist. Read this book first then read all the other pet photography books.
on June 18, 2014
Loved this book!!! I learned more about photography and post processing than any other photography tutorial and including some very expensive photography classes.
on October 10, 2015
A great help in having the dog train the photographer
on September 9, 2013
A very good, comprehensive book of how to. It's just what so many people need and few pay attention to. They wish they had better photos of their beloved pet when the pet is no longer around.
on February 7, 2014
I am developing a "pet friendly" approach to taking pet portraits... and this book was invaluable... thanks... I will use this book again and again...