- Publisher: Kyoto Soto-Zen Center; First Printing edition (1988)
- ASIN: B003CBNVNW
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #6,296,548 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Dogen Zen Paperback – 1988
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This book contains three important Soto Zen texts:
1. Gakudo-Yojinshu (Points to Watch in Practicing the Way) by Eihei Dogen
2. Jijuyu-Zanmai (Samadhi of the Self) by Zuiho Menzan
3. Dogen Zen as Religion by Kosho Uchiyama
The piece by Menzan may be of particular interest, as his writings are not widely available. He lived from 1682-1769.
This book is slim, but dense, and contains meticulous footnotes throughout. Menzan's piece comprises half of this 130 page book.