Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Board book|Change
Price:$5.17+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 851 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,032 reviews
on May 11, 2015
I bought this little book because my toddler loves dogs and she loves to make barking noises. She loves to carry this book around the house. She enjoys flipping through the pages, pointing at the dogs, and barking. There is not a storyline in the book but, for the price you really cant go wrong. This book brings her so much enjoyment.
review image
Sandra Boynton writes, hands down, my favorite children's books. I learned about them when our school librarian bought a couple for my daughter. Her illustrations are adorable and her stories are too! Barnyard Dance is my favorite,but I won almost all of them. Some are educational (Opposites) and some are just fun (Dinosaur Dance). I have also bought these as gifts and everyone absolutely adores them. If you are looking for a short, fun book for a little kid, get one of these. They might not be complex enough to hold the attention of older kids though (but I don't know because I don't have any older kids).
on May 27, 2015
My 1 year old picks out his own stories each night and for a while this was the only book he wanted to read. He recognizes the numbers 0 through 10 and this book helped teach him what it means to count. He points at the dogs on each page and I count them. So on the page with two dogs and the number 2, we count to 2 and then he points to the 2. He absolutely loves it. The repetition is really solidifying counting in his mind and now he likes counting everything. He can't say most of the numbers yet, but I'm sure he's counting in his mind. It's a very cute book. It also has all different dog sounds (ie; woof, bow wow, etc). Sometimes we do the noises, but he prefers the counting.
on November 14, 2015
This book makes me hoarse, but I love it. My dog, Roxy comes in the room whenever I read it to my son to see what the heck is going on. It is a simple counting book. Each dog has a unique bark and the sound seems to fit the picture of each dog. By the time I get to 10 dogs my throat starts to hurt from the barking, but it's totally worth it to see the smile on my son's face.
on September 19, 2016
Super fun book where you bark a different bark as each dog is introduced. When you read it and do the barks, have your child repeat after you and they will be sure to have tons of fun! Our 3-year old boy asked for this book (upon seeing it on the back cover of The Going to Bed Book) and he loved it.
on August 2, 2017
The illustrations are cute and colorful. Although this is a counting book, I was expecting more than just a number and dogs on each page, like an actual story. This book is pretty boring. It'll be one that sits in the shelf and our daughter can just grab it when she wants it. However, don't let this book discourage you from buying other great Sandra Boynton books, like The Going to Bed Book or Dinosaur Dance. Those are fun!
on August 6, 2017
Perfect simple repetition and cute illustrations for babies and toddlers. You are free to interpret the way you tell the story as well. My son likes to point at the dogs and expects me to make the noise in the same order each time. Sometimes he wants to skip ahead, usually to the page with the moon. Well made, fits in both adult and toddler hands easily. Fun book to be creative with.
on January 16, 2017
My 14 month old and I love Sandra Boynton books, but this one is terrible! It's just countinf with a bunch of random dog noises thrown in (they get annoying to repeat and some are stupid, what does nnn-nn-nnn mean?). She had no interest in it and neither did I. Disappointing because she loves dogs but this book is just not creative or enjoyable like Boynton's others. Skip it!
Love this book! Bought this for my 16 month old. She's not too interested in the counting part yet. But she is very very interested in dogs. She loves to imitate the different sounds the dogs make. Aoooooo is her favorite these days ;) Definitely an enjoyable book for young toddlers that helps teach sounds and numbers!
on July 31, 2017
This is a really sweet book!! I love Sandra Boynton anyway, but if you haven't read her books, they are wonderful. I even read them to my 4 month old because they are so simple and short with so few words, she can sit and look at them while I read them. It also helps your child learn her numbers!