Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

Doggies (Boynton on Board)
Format: Board book|Change
Price:$4.33+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on May 11, 2015
I bought this little book because my toddler loves dogs and she loves to make barking noises. She loves to carry this book around the house. She enjoys flipping through the pages, pointing at the dogs, and barking. There is not a storyline in the book but, for the price you really cant go wrong. This book brings her so much enjoyment.
review image
0Comment| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 11, 2016
Fun book with short sentences.
love Boynton Books!
Also these books are prunted on heavy cardboard that stand up tp a lot of abuse. My toddler not only loves reading these, but sometimes takes them into the bed overnight. I know it makes for a strange cuddle buddy but at least I don't have to worry about whether or not the book is going to survive the night. We've had others that were not so lucky.
on May 27, 2015
My 1 year old picks out his own stories each night and for a while this was the only book he wanted to read. He recognizes the numbers 0 through 10 and this book helped teach him what it means to count. He points at the dogs on each page and I count them. So on the page with two dogs and the number 2, we count to 2 and then he points to the 2. He absolutely loves it. The repetition is really solidifying counting in his mind and now he likes counting everything. He can't say most of the numbers yet, but I'm sure he's counting in his mind. It's a very cute book. It also has all different dog sounds (ie; woof, bow wow, etc). Sometimes we do the noises, but he prefers the counting.
Sandra Boynton writes, hands down, my favorite children's books. I learned about them when our school librarian bought a couple for my daughter. Her illustrations are adorable and her stories are too! Barnyard Dance is my favorite,but I won almost all of them. Some are educational (Opposites) and some are just fun (Dinosaur Dance). I have also bought these as gifts and everyone absolutely adores them. If you are looking for a short, fun book for a little kid, get one of these. They might not be complex enough to hold the attention of older kids though (but I don't know because I don't have any older kids).
on January 16, 2017
My 14 month old and I love Sandra Boynton books, but this one is terrible! It's just countinf with a bunch of random dog noises thrown in (they get annoying to repeat and some are stupid, what does nnn-nn-nnn mean?). She had no interest in it and neither did I. Disappointing because she loves dogs but this book is just not creative or enjoyable like Boynton's others. Skip it!
on October 17, 2017
This is such a cute little book. I purchase it as a gift for my nephew who's parents have a dog. It's the perfect size and I love that the pages are nice and think so that he can grab onto them. It's still a little early to tell but it would appear that this book should hold up pretty well because of how solid the binding is on the book. I would highly recommend this book for anyone interested in books for little ones who love dogs.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Got this for my 10 month old... she loves the counting and the different barks. I read it differently than her dad or her grandmother, so she enjoys all the different styles. The other day she made me read it to her 4 times in a row. When she gets older she will have fun doing the barks herself.
Love this book! Bought this for my 16 month old. She's not too interested in the counting part yet. But she is very very interested in dogs. She loves to imitate the different sounds the dogs make. Aoooooo is her favorite these days ;) Definitely an enjoyable book for young toddlers that helps teach sounds and numbers!
on December 18, 2014
Bought this book and 3 other Sandra Boynton books (Are you A Cow?, Snuggle Puppy, Hippos Go Berserk) for Christmas gifts for my best friend's 2-year old and my boyfriend's niece who is almost a year old. I think they will be perfect for mom and dad to read to them, and the girls to begin to learn to read as they grow! They are board books-- thick and good quality, that will be easy for tiny hands to hold... or put in their mouth... or whatever... haha. This book will be a super fun one to read aloud... it has a lot of different "bark" noises for mom and dad (and kids, as they start to read) to try. It is also a counting book, so some learning along with fun! Adorable illustrations. For dog people with little ones, I highly recommend this book and Snuggle Puppy (also by Sandra Boynton). I am halfway tempted to buy another set just to keep for if I have kids of my own someday :)
on July 31, 2017
This is a really sweet book!! I love Sandra Boynton anyway, but if you haven't read her books, they are wonderful. I even read them to my 4 month old because they are so simple and short with so few words, she can sit and look at them while I read them. It also helps your child learn her numbers!