Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Foo Fighters PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 856 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,039 reviews
on May 11, 2015
I bought this little book because my toddler loves dogs and she loves to make barking noises. She loves to carry this book around the house. She enjoys flipping through the pages, pointing at the dogs, and barking. There is not a storyline in the book but, for the price you really cant go wrong. This book brings her so much enjoyment.
review image
Sandra Boynton writes, hands down, my favorite children's books. I learned about them when our school librarian bought a couple for my daughter. Her illustrations are adorable and her stories are too! Barnyard Dance is my favorite,but I won almost all of them. Some are educational (Opposites) and some are just fun (Dinosaur Dance). I have also bought these as gifts and everyone absolutely adores them. If you are looking for a short, fun book for a little kid, get one of these. They might not be complex enough to hold the attention of older kids though (but I don't know because I don't have any older kids).
on May 27, 2015
My 1 year old picks out his own stories each night and for a while this was the only book he wanted to read. He recognizes the numbers 0 through 10 and this book helped teach him what it means to count. He points at the dogs on each page and I count them. So on the page with two dogs and the number 2, we count to 2 and then he points to the 2. He absolutely loves it. The repetition is really solidifying counting in his mind and now he likes counting everything. He can't say most of the numbers yet, but I'm sure he's counting in his mind. It's a very cute book. It also has all different dog sounds (ie; woof, bow wow, etc). Sometimes we do the noises, but he prefers the counting.
on August 2, 2017
The illustrations are cute and colorful. Although this is a counting book, I was expecting more than just a number and dogs on each page, like an actual story. This book is pretty boring. It'll be one that sits in the shelf and our daughter can just grab it when she wants it. However, don't let this book discourage you from buying other great Sandra Boynton books, like The Going to Bed Book or Dinosaur Dance. Those are fun!
on August 6, 2017
Perfect simple repetition and cute illustrations for babies and toddlers. You are free to interpret the way you tell the story as well. My son likes to point at the dogs and expects me to make the noise in the same order each time. Sometimes he wants to skip ahead, usually to the page with the moon. Well made, fits in both adult and toddler hands easily. Fun book to be creative with.
on January 16, 2017
My 14 month old and I love Sandra Boynton books, but this one is terrible! It's just countinf with a bunch of random dog noises thrown in (they get annoying to repeat and some are stupid, what does nnn-nn-nnn mean?). She had no interest in it and neither did I. Disappointing because she loves dogs but this book is just not creative or enjoyable like Boynton's others. Skip it!
Love this book! Bought this for my 16 month old. She's not too interested in the counting part yet. But she is very very interested in dogs. She loves to imitate the different sounds the dogs make. Aoooooo is her favorite these days ;) Definitely an enjoyable book for young toddlers that helps teach sounds and numbers!
on July 31, 2017
This is a really sweet book!! I love Sandra Boynton anyway, but if you haven't read her books, they are wonderful. I even read them to my 4 month old because they are so simple and short with so few words, she can sit and look at them while I read them. It also helps your child learn her numbers!
on April 8, 2017
This book is so cute!! My 9 month old daughter loves us reading it to her. She is into dogs right now, and loves kissing the book. It is a good bookk to practice your dog noises and interact with your child. I only gave it 4 stars because the book is pretty durable, but the spine color came off kinda fast as my daughter chewed and licked it.
on December 4, 2016
If you dislike being ridiculous for the sake of baby laughs, do not buy this book. Because once you get to woof-ing and arf-ing and bowwowwow-ing, you'll be doing it dozens of times in a row every day. But this also results in enormous amounts of toddler joy which is priceless.