Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Format: Board book|Change
Price:$2.90+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 828 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,005 reviews
on May 11, 2015
I bought this little book because my toddler loves dogs and she loves to make barking noises. She loves to carry this book around the house. She enjoys flipping through the pages, pointing at the dogs, and barking. There is not a storyline in the book but, for the price you really cant go wrong. This book brings her so much enjoyment.
review image
on June 23, 2016
Leave it to Sandra Boynton to come up with counting book that has you barking and howling like a dog...you just have to! My littles love when I read it. The rest of the family just thinks I'm nuts. Each page adds a dog that, of course, barks in a different way...so you have to bark for each dog every time you turn the page, which makes for quite the fun time.
I have read other reviews who state that they are annoyed there is no story with the book. I don't think a story is necessary. Some books are best kept simple and this is no exception. Super fun to read, if you get into it.
on August 24, 2016
A fun numbers book, through man's best friends. Baby boy enjoys hearing the added sound effects of different doggies. Husband looks at me like I'm crazy. Don't care!
review image review image
on July 11, 2016
Fun book with short sentences.
love Boynton Books!
Also these books are prunted on heavy cardboard that stand up tp a lot of abuse. My toddler not only loves reading these, but sometimes takes them into the bed overnight. I know it makes for a strange cuddle buddy but at least I don't have to worry about whether or not the book is going to survive the night. We've had others that were not so lucky.
on January 3, 2015
With ten dogs in all shapes and sizes, it is no surprise that they would have a variety of barks. My husband and I thought we would have to invent ten voices but after the first read, our 20mo decided to take on the role of #2 with a "yap yap!" that might just be one of the cutest sounds ever. And #3, ...nnn...nnn...nnn..., there must be something about this one that children are drawn to because like many other reviewers my son LOVES this dog, kisses the page every time (he points at him in several other Boynton books and says "nnn nnn nnn"). We have had the book two months now and it is still fun because we keep it silly, enlisting visitors to join in whenever possible. It has definitely become a performance piece in our house. We are huge fans of Sandra Boynton with a dozen of her books, this one may have less text but it does not disappoint.
on May 27, 2015
My 1 year old picks out his own stories each night and for a while this was the only book he wanted to read. He recognizes the numbers 0 through 10 and this book helped teach him what it means to count. He points at the dogs on each page and I count them. So on the page with two dogs and the number 2, we count to 2 and then he points to the 2. He absolutely loves it. The repetition is really solidifying counting in his mind and now he likes counting everything. He can't say most of the numbers yet, but I'm sure he's counting in his mind. It's a very cute book. It also has all different dog sounds (ie; woof, bow wow, etc). Sometimes we do the noises, but he prefers the counting.
on November 14, 2015
This book makes me hoarse, but I love it. My dog, Roxy comes in the room whenever I read it to my son to see what the heck is going on. It is a simple counting book. Each dog has a unique bark and the sound seems to fit the picture of each dog. By the time I get to 10 dogs my throat starts to hurt from the barking, but it's totally worth it to see the smile on my son's face.
on September 19, 2016
Super fun book where you bark a different bark as each dog is introduced. When you read it and do the barks, have your child repeat after you and they will be sure to have tons of fun! Our 3-year old boy asked for this book (upon seeing it on the back cover of The Going to Bed Book) and he loved it.
on April 8, 2017
This book is so cute!! My 9 month old daughter loves us reading it to her. She is into dogs right now, and loves kissing the book. It is a good bookk to practice your dog noises and interact with your child. I only gave it 4 stars because the book is pretty durable, but the spine color came off kinda fast as my daughter chewed and licked it.
on December 4, 2016
If you dislike being ridiculous for the sake of baby laughs, do not buy this book. Because once you get to woof-ing and arf-ing and bowwowwow-ing, you'll be doing it dozens of times in a row every day. But this also results in enormous amounts of toddler joy which is priceless.