Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

Doggies (Boynton on Board)
Format: Board book|Change

on June 23, 2016
Leave it to Sandra Boynton to come up with counting book that has you barking and howling like a dog...you just have to! My littles love when I read it. The rest of the family just thinks I'm nuts. Each page adds a dog that, of course, barks in a different way...so you have to bark for each dog every time you turn the page, which makes for quite the fun time.
I have read other reviews who state that they are annoyed there is no story with the book. I don't think a story is necessary. Some books are best kept simple and this is no exception. Super fun to read, if you get into it.
on May 11, 2015
I bought this little book because my toddler loves dogs and she loves to make barking noises. She loves to carry this book around the house. She enjoys flipping through the pages, pointing at the dogs, and barking. There is not a storyline in the book but, for the price you really cant go wrong. This book brings her so much enjoyment.
review image
on May 27, 2015
My 1 year old picks out his own stories each night and for a while this was the only book he wanted to read. He recognizes the numbers 0 through 10 and this book helped teach him what it means to count. He points at the dogs on each page and I count them. So on the page with two dogs and the number 2, we count to 2 and then he points to the 2. He absolutely loves it. The repetition is really solidifying counting in his mind and now he likes counting everything. He can't say most of the numbers yet, but I'm sure he's counting in his mind. It's a very cute book. It also has all different dog sounds (ie; woof, bow wow, etc). Sometimes we do the noises, but he prefers the counting.
on October 17, 2017
This is such a cute little book. I purchase it as a gift for my nephew who's parents have a dog. It's the perfect size and I love that the pages are nice and think so that he can grab onto them. It's still a little early to tell but it would appear that this book should hold up pretty well because of how solid the binding is on the book. I would highly recommend this book for anyone interested in books for little ones who love dogs.
on August 6, 2017
Perfect simple repetition and cute illustrations for babies and toddlers. You are free to interpret the way you tell the story as well. My son likes to point at the dogs and expects me to make the noise in the same order each time. Sometimes he wants to skip ahead, usually to the page with the moon. Well made, fits in both adult and toddler hands easily. Fun book to be creative with.
Love this book! Bought this for my 16 month old. She's not too interested in the counting part yet. But she is very very interested in dogs. She loves to imitate the different sounds the dogs make. Aoooooo is her favorite these days ;) Definitely an enjoyable book for young toddlers that helps teach sounds and numbers!
on July 31, 2017
This is a really sweet book!! I love Sandra Boynton anyway, but if you haven't read her books, they are wonderful. I even read them to my 4 month old because they are so simple and short with so few words, she can sit and look at them while I read them. It also helps your child learn her numbers!
on April 8, 2017
This book is so cute!! My 9 month old daughter loves us reading it to her. She is into dogs right now, and loves kissing the book. It is a good bookk to practice your dog noises and interact with your child. I only gave it 4 stars because the book is pretty durable, but the spine color came off kinda fast as my daughter chewed and licked it.
on December 4, 2016
If you dislike being ridiculous for the sake of baby laughs, do not buy this book. Because once you get to woof-ing and arf-ing and bowwowwow-ing, you'll be doing it dozens of times in a row every day. But this also results in enormous amounts of toddler joy which is priceless.
on December 8, 2016
We love Sandra Boynton books, but this one was a flop. Even my dog obsessed toddler was disinterested. Try The Going to Bed Book or Moo Baa Lalala instead.