Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 67 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 72 reviews
on August 27, 2013
Was a little skeptical at first about purchasing this collar because of a bad experience in the past of a collar I purchased (different brand). This one didn't have the two probes that stick out into my dogs neck, which I liked, and there were options of vibration with or without sonic sound when the dog barked. Also a plus. My dog is small (13 lbs) so that was a concern as well if the collar would fit her neck. The price was fair so I took a gamble. This collar was a blessing!! The collar adjusted small enough to fit her neck and after reading the instructions I fifured out the best way to make my dog stop barking, or at least calm her down from barking so much. After about five minutes of her first wearing the collar, she stopped barking when people pass by our fence. Now all I have to do is show her the collar and she quiets down. The collar was the best purchase and works great, I am very pleased with it.
on September 22, 2015
The collar isn't sound activated. There's a sensor on it that works only if it gets bumped. In theory the dogs vocal cords would cause motion to hit it. However this means that the collar has to be perfectly posiiat all times. I don't know about you but I like my pets being able to breathe so the collar moves a bit. When it's on the right spot orworks. When it isn't it doesn't. When it is in the right spot it kept my dog from drinking water even at the lowest setting
on May 16, 2012
I wouldn't suggest this at all...

On sensitive, it alarmed every time my puppy moved, scratched, anything.
On medium it went off when he scratched, sometimes when he barked, or ate/drank.
On low it did not go off when he barked, only when he ate or scratched.

He got very confused since it went off almost any time but when he barked!! Did not curb barking, only confused him on what the heck the noise and vibration were...

It was very loud for us too, which was fine so we could know if it went off while he was barking..but got very annoying when it went off mostly when he was not...

He had absolutely no idea why it would go off since it was going off soo frequently (mostly not for barking) so it was completely useless for us

Also cheap quality..the ittle screwdriver does not work, and the collar material was very flimsy.
on March 12, 2015
Works better than bark collars costing twice as much. I bought one for my Pom and it works so well that I bought one for my poodle mix.
on October 25, 2012
Pros: VERY light weight, small enough for my littlest dog of 9lbs, the shape contours the body.

Cons: A little too gaudy color wise. A black collar would be more attractive. I have 2 of these collars. One of them misfires frequently when my little dog shakes her head rendering it useless. The other works better but will still misfire on occasion. They are both set to the lowest sensitivity setting. For being such a hassle to change the settings/battery, this thing should be waterproof, but it isn't.

Overall, I would not recommend due to reliability issues. Go with a reliable brand like Dogtra who has a great IQ series bark collar.
on September 17, 2013
After adjusting the bark sensitivity all the way down because on the midway setting every time she shook or moved really it was going off I was still surprised to hear it going off when my dog wasn't barking, I took it off her and left it on the counter to mess with later, well turns out it goes off all by itself randomly.. there's no vibration or movement of any kind so it's definitely not a setting issue.. it's pretty random how often it goes off too so not sure what the issue is but we'll be sending this back :(
on April 25, 2012
I had this collar for a few days now and after testing it on my dog I have to say that IT IS EFFECTIVE.
I read all the reviews and most of the negative reviews were from people complaining that the collar is too sensitive, I had the same problem at first but it was easily corrected by simply following the instructions in the user manual, here is a copy and past of the manual:

ADJUSTING the bark detection sensitivity
Adjusting the bark detection sensitivity is a very important preliminary operation.
Adjusting it correctly ensures detection of the barking but helps avoid unnecessary
detection.
The detection, must therefore be sufficiently sensitive but not overly sensitive. In factory,
barking detection sensitivity is set on the maximum position (maximum sensitivity).
To adapt the detection sensitivity to the barking strength of your dog, you should proceed as
- Remove the 2 screws from the battery cover with a screwdriver.
- Remove the battery cover.
- Carefully turn the setting screw according to the sensitivity you wish (See. Diagram 5)
Caution: the adjustment system has a stop for the minimum sensitivity and a stop
for the maximum
on May 1, 2015
Worked for two days and then the dogs got used to it. Totally useless and a waste of money. Dogs are still barking and driving me nuts! I bought a squirt gun. Now when they bark I squirt them with the super soaker. It gets their attention and they stop immediately. Lots cheaper too!
on July 8, 2014
I tried the various settings and attachments ..... It only activated when the sensor was touched. It did not go off whe the dog barked, but did when the dog moved and hair brushed sensor. It was a waste of time trying to get it to work...dealing with mini-screws and tiny plastic adjustments inside. I am returning it...also a waste of time.
on July 16, 2014
I have found it to be very effective on my Miniature Long-Haired Dachshund of 14 lbs.
It is the only collar short of a shock collar that has worked. I refuse to use a
shock collar after the experience I had with one. I have tried other vibration
collars that were not effective, but this one actually gets his attention.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.