Dogtra Pathfinder 9-Mile 21-Dog Expandable Waterproof Smartphone GPS Tracking & Training E-Collar with 2-Second Update Rate, No Subscription Fee, Free Satellite Map
|Price:||($5.00 / oz) & FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$30.00 (7%)|
- 9-MILE RANGE: This PATHFINDER is built with a GPS e-collar and can be used concurrently with Google Maps in normal, terrain, and satellite view mode. It also has a range of nine miles, a tracking mode, and a two-second GPS update rate. A variety of map options, such as Offline Maps mode, are used to track and train your dog. The Offline Maps mode is completely free to download, has no hidden or extra fees, and can be downloaded via the PATHFINDER app.
- TRACKING: The PATHFINDER provides a fast, industry-leading two-second update rate and powerful zoom capability which provides greater live-action detail and accuracy in the field via the PATHFINDER app. Create customizable Geo-Fence alerts, use the Offline Maps mode, and more with this essential tracking GPS e-collar.
- DESIGN: With convenience in mind, the PATHFINDER is sleek and simple. Featuring two buttons (Power/Select & Connect) on the remote, you can connect to the receiver with ease.
- CORRECTIONS: The PATHFINDER utilizes corrections and audible tone to track and train your dog. With up to 100 correction levels, the PATHFINDER sends the correction through the receiver and is great for keeping your dog on track during the hunt.
- DOG SIZING: This GPS e-collar is perfect for dogs that are 35 lbs. or more. With a high output and the ability to expand to 21 dogs, you’ll be able to track multiple dogs at once while out on the hunt.
Frequently bought together
Items from popular brands
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Dogtra PATHFINDER brings GPS and e-collar technology right to your smartphone, giving you a more intelligent and responsive way to track and train your dogs. The PATHFINDER truly works without using cellular data*. Just download the free maps and operate your smartphone in offline map mode. Unlike other GPS e-collars, there are no extra navigation packages to purchase. You have access to Google Maps™ with satellite and terrain views and the ability to track up to 21 dogs or hunters, share locations, playback data and create customizable Geo-fence alerts. With an incredibly fast two-second update rate and a powerful zoom capability, the PATHFINDER tracking feature provides greater live-action detail and accuracy when you’re in the field.
Size: One Size
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare with similar items
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The other problem is the idiotic app design with unintuitive menus, options, and important no-brainer options that are missing. For example, when the geofence did work that first time, the screen briefly flashed red and a voice briefly told me that the dog had exited the geofence, and then it went right back to normal. So, naturally, I went into the settings so that I could make the alarm continuous incase I miss the brief 2-3 second voice prompt. This brief voice prompt could easily be missed for various reasons, but whoever designed the app failed to program an expected common sense option to:
1. Make the alarm continuous;
2. Choose which alarm sound you prefer from a selection;
3. Control the volume of the alarm (By the way, to make matters worse, they disable your phone's volume rocker that controls your phone's volume while you're in the app 🤦♂️);
4. And make your phone vibrate along with the alarm
Another setting that is missing in the app is the ability to turn off your dog's tracking lines, which quickly becomes a big scribbled mess all over your map. You can reset these tracking lines by pressing a reset button, which you will have to do constantly if your dog runs around a lot, but you cannot turn the feature off. 🤦♂️
Another problem is that the dog barking sensor is completely stupid and tells me that my dog is barking constantly when he isn't barking at all. The Garmin Alpha 100, in comparison, is very accurate.
Another problem is that the app randomly goes dim sometimes for about 10-20 seconds and nothing works, and then suddenly it goes back to normal, for no apparent reason.
Another problem is that they couldn't be bothered to integrate your phone's back button to go to previous screens within the app. The back button only prompts you to exit the entire app, no matter where you are in the app. Sometimes you wonder how in the hell to get back to where you were. 🤦♂️
Another problem is that when the app is running in the background it shows you that it's running in the background with a status bar indicator up top, but if you touch it in order to go back to the app it does nothing! Nothing at all.
I'm frustrated because there are only three devices like this out there and I think they're using the same clown 🤡 to design the user interface for all of them. I was really hopeful for this one because it is app based and I know for a fact that making changes to Android/Apple apps is a lot easier and quicker than making changes in weird proprietary software in the handheld devices. But, I guess the people at Dogtra just LOVE their craptastic app just the way it is.
On a good note, the battery runs a long time. The app is easy to use. The price is more reasonable than some. It is well built.
Hopefully they will add more app functionality in the future. Especially enabling ecollar when the collar is detected, but not GPS synchronized, so it can be used indoors for training before hitting the field.
Top international reviews
As for the long attenae I thread it back through the metal collar ring, that takes care of the length and the dangle of the antenna.
Collar size. I found the collar has one size. Even at maximum tightness the collar is quite loose which affects the shock capability if you use that function. Because the pins never reach the neck.
Having issues with charger which is under warranty.