Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 15, 2012
I took an introductory philosophy course and it required this book. I agree with most of the other helpful reviews that this book is a good introduction to philosophy. This is not to say that the opinions of the authors does not come through to the reader. Throughout the chapter, the authors present and challenge view after view before concluding with their own understanding of the topic. It did seem that they wanted to convince you of their side by presenting it in this way.

I enjoyed reading the book regardless, and it wasn't because I wholly agreed with them. I thought it was a fast and easy read, and it took me step by step on how they came to their conclusions.
on July 20, 2015
A great way to "Do" philosophy!
I picked up this older version for nearly free and I just started reading from the beginning.
The examples from movies like "The Matrix," and other thought experiments make the reading fun and relate to our times.
on November 29, 2014
This book will allow you to captured very good knowledge over philosophy. Also this book will have to thinking and questioning different types of philosophies. Very interesting book.
on July 27, 2014
The book was require for my class. The book was Ok in quality and it served its purpose. Written in very sin English so it makes it easy to follow.
on October 9, 2015
I was very satisfied with my order.
on August 20, 2013
GREAT BOOK AND GOOD COVERAGE FROM ANCIENT TO CONTEMPORARY PHILOSOPHERS. I GAINED MANY NEW AVENUES TO CONSIDER LIFE AND HOW THINGS ARE.
on September 21, 2010
this is a very interesting philosophy textbook, as of 2010 it is up to date. i got this for my philosophy 101 class. it is easy to read, easy to understand. i will definitely be keeping this book.
on September 8, 2014
No problems
on January 15, 2013
Book arrived within the time period. Book was in great shape as stated. Worth the price! Would definitely use this company again.
on December 11, 2013
Not the easiest read. Plain wordy text that is very boring, has no pictures. Thank god it's an older edition.