Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Dolce Diet: Living Lean Paperback – September 1, 2011
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Fantastic cardio & strength workouts
- Easy, delicious recipes
- Great story
- Exercises w/ instructions & photos
ESPN: LIVING LEAN A TOP READ
Top Customer Reviews
Now, I'm no MMA fighter. I'm a U.S. Army Soldier for 10 years, husband, and father of two. Fitness has always been important to me with a healthy diet coming in a VERY distant second. My weekly diet consisted of pizza, burgers, fried chicken, followed up with some ice cream and brownies. The weekends were always filled with wings and beer. This was my lifestyle for about 12 years. I never thought twice about it until I reached the tender age of 30 last year. Just like clockwork; the gut started to protrude, love handles started to form, double chin was making an appearance, and the workouts got shorter and shorter. Before I knew it, I had gained 20 pounds in 6 months. Something had to change...and NOW!
I decided to download Living Lean on iBooks the last week of January this year. I read it cover to cover in 1 day (it's an easy read), and immediately took action. Off to the grocery store I went armed with the sample grocery list, and recipes fired up on my iPad. I was surprised to find that most of the products on the list could be found at any local grocery store. I was even more surprised to find that, contrary to popular belief, buying healthy foods (whole, raw, non processed) was no more expensive than the junk I was used to buying. The first thing I made was the Champion Chili. This was an immediate hit with the family. How could something this good be this healthy?Read more ›
What you will get:
1. A short to-the-point biography of Mike Dolce's life that led him to be a "longevity advocate" who helps fighters lose weight naturally
2. A concise list of meal plans (that includes allergy and vegan accomodations)
3. A step by step visual description of different cardio and weight training programs.
What I love:
1. He gives cardio workouts that will be easy enough for a couch potato all the way up to workouts that will challenge a seasoned athlete.
2. He gives weight training workouts that can be beneficial to everyone regardless of how many days you can spend in a gym.
3. His meal suggestions can be adapted to fit the whole family, even if some have allergies or choose to be vegan.
4. He teaches you to read the ingredients rather than count the calories.
What to expect:
1. If you make the recipes he gives you on a regular basis, you will be amazed at how you feel. After going back to some junk food, you will regret it.
2. The cardio workouts can be challenging, but you will love to take on the next level as you get in shape.
3. If you follow the plan, people will begin to notice.
4. You will learn what it means to "make calories count." You would be amazed at how hungry you can feel after a big junk food meal of empty calories.
I was hoping for actual examples, real life evidence and how to put the nutrition plan into action. Providing an example day's nutrition is nice, but lacks the real life situations athletes face. For example, when should they eat, how much more calories should be consumed after working out, how much protein vs carbs, etc.
My opinion: this is a cheap book and comes across as being written in a matter of hours. Not worth 10% of the purchase price. I would love to read something by Mike with more content, thoughtful writing and real life examples.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Perfect for maintaining my success from the three weeks to shredded program. The way in which the book was written and makes it an easy read, while making you excited to begin your... Read morePublished 15 days ago by Stephanie Fox
Very inspiring book about how to make some life changing eating and exercise choices. I'm not over weight by any means, just needed some inspiration to make some changes.Published 4 months ago by Austin Jensen
Easy to follow, great tasting recipes with not a lot of fuss! Pulled it out today to find some fun things to change up dinner!Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
It basically tells you the story of how he got started with weight cutting and dieting with a few meals and workouts thrown in. I thought it was his dieting protocols over all.Published 5 months ago by Tony Rodriguez
This book is extremely thin and has lots of blank space. Not much science, not much guidance on what to eat exactly.... Read morePublished 5 months ago by MissC
So not so much a diet but a book saying eat healthy foods and use common sense when you eat. Has some good recipes but mostly just references his other book a bunch of times.Published 5 months ago by Matthew Hotchkiss
Mike Dolce rules. There's lots of helpful info in this book and tons of recipes to build on.Published 5 months ago by Billy D