Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

Dolica AX620B100 62-Inch Proline Tripod and Ball Head
Size: 62 inch|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on January 28, 2014
I was reading some reviews on this before buying and this would be my first tripod ever buying, some say it's not good and pretty cheap and i was a little skeptical but i was on a budget. It arrived on time and as soon as i opened the package i was amazed! it was sturdy and very nicely made! has a lot of adjustable points and even has compass and level! I'm glad i went for it!
on July 8, 2015
It's a tripod, and it holds my camera still. My camera hasn't fallen off of it. It's is easy to carry with the bag and it's small-ish and light. So, it has that going for it. Otherwise, the legs are a bit sticky. I have had other tripods legs slide smoothly out, but these don't slide nicely. The quick release platform is difficult to release.
on February 13, 2011
Trust me: you'll want a second plate in your bag.
I took a chance and ordered one as buy it now from a certain auction site and scored:
This model is identical and costs far less.

Quick Release QR Plate for Weifeng Tripod 6662A 6662

As for the tripod: decent build, about what you can do for that low weight. Using the weight hook to stabilize it is certainly advisable.

Use a bit of graphite to lubricate the ball.
on May 10, 2015
A fantastic tripod that perfectly executes what a tripod is suppose to do. Provide a stable platform for the camera in any position the photographer requires in a simple and no nonsense way. When the cost is achieved at Dolica's price the tripod becomes incredibly fantastic. What you save you can apply to a camera or lens that performs like this tripod.
on January 29, 2017
You can certainly spend more on a good tripod, but why? This Dolica is solidly made, easy to asssemble and adjust. For video work you may want to add a good fluid head. With or without, this is a bargain.
on July 12, 2014
It's either super tight or your camera is flopping around. I replaced the head with an Opteka TS-1 TacShot Pistol Grip Ball Head with Quick Release Plate, it's a little bigger and a little heavier but it was that or return the tripod. Now it's a great tripod/head!
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 26, 2012
I bought this tripod to replace the cheap, flimsy one that came with my Canon Rebel T3 camera when I bought it. This tripod is definitely the opposite of that one. It is sturdy, well-made and has lots of extra features that the other one didn't have. I can flip the camera into a portrait mode while mounted to the tripod or I can swivel the camera to be close to the ground. I never felt like my camera was in danger from falling or making this tripod tip over like I worried about with my old tripod.
on November 18, 2012
I will keep it short. The tripod is well built. It's slightly on heavy side if you want to carry in your hand but the bag they give is pretty good and it gives less pain to carry. handling the tripod is easy. Setting up the tripod is quick.

I have used in indoor, sand or plain land. However, I haven't used it in rocky area yet. But judging by the performance, I can say it work well there too.

This is a good tripod under $50. You don't use tripod regularly but want to have a cheap but good solution for your SLR or digicams? Then go for this one.
on February 1, 2014
It took me months to research for the best quality of tripods for an affordable price. I went to different retail stores and considered the expensive ones but this is way beyond what I have expected for its price. I have used it several times including my portable projector and it holds very firmly. The ball head is also excellent.
on March 15, 2017
Nice and solid, camera stays where i point it....so much better than the one that came in my camera bundle!