Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Size: 68 inch|Change

Showing 111-120 of 333 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 386 reviews
on June 20, 2014
This item is a good quality item, made of aluminum. It extends to a length which works well at my 5'10" height. Quick to erect or collapse. Panning movement is a bit tight for smooth panning when filming, but I expect it to loosen up with some use.
on July 12, 2014
This is clearly not a top of the line tripod, but we bought it just to hold the video camera steady while doing videos of our son's piano performances. It is a sold and stable platform, especially if we hang some weight from the hook.
on May 21, 2010
This seems like a much better tripod than my old one, though they do look very similar. It was a good price and the carrying bag is a nice perk. As some other reviewers noted, yes...they do need better instructions. All that's there is a little chart pointing out parts.
on February 4, 2013
It's a decent tripod if you're looking for something basic or just need a platform for static shots. The pro's are that it is extremely light, has a quick release and dual levelling bubbles. The con's are that it is not fluid at all panning left to right and the quick release plate doesn't securely mount to your camera so it has a bit of wiggle when panning. It's certainly not a perfect tripod, but for the price it's a decent starter to work up from.
on April 27, 2013
I have been using this for some time now and for the money it was great. My cat knocked it over about a month ago and the crank to adjust the hight of the tripod snapped right off. I would understand if it was on concrete or even hard wood but it was on very fluffy carpet. That being said I can still use it but not in the field. Its my webcam tripod now.
on September 29, 2013
I ordered this tripod to support my large sized binoculars and spotting scope for hunting. It was important that it be strong and stable (which it is) and light (which it is not). I suppose it would be hard to combine the two requirements so, overall, I'm very happy with it.
on January 2, 2009
What a awesome price for a great tripod... Holds our Olympus E-510 EVOLT with no problems... We are not professionals so maybe we don't know what we are missing but to us it has everything we need...
on December 13, 2013
Good solid and sturdy, but panning is tough – sticks a bit. Tilting not as bad. The head is just not as fluid as it should be – or rather as I'd like it to be. Guess you gotta pay more for that.
on March 7, 2014
This thing actually performs better than I thought with our astronomy binoculars. It gets kind of wobbly if you crank up the elevation too high, but hey, it's a portable tripod. Very lightweight.
on March 23, 2014
I use this tripod for *big* Zhumell astronomical binoculars, which is really putting a tripod like this to the test and is not what is what it was designed for. I've had it for about nine months now, with no change in performance.

The tripod is steady enough for that use, unless you crank up the head. With the roughly 4.5 pound load of the binoculars, there's a slight "play" when the head is elevated. I tried using a standard point-and-shoot camera, and found that this issue didn't exist with the much smaller load.

There's plenty of plastic to be found on this tripod, but it's aluminum where it counts. Still, it won't last you a lifetime with the multiple points of potential failure in the design. Professional quality tripods are around $200, and they aren't nearly as light as this Dolica. So that's the trade-off.

This tripod could be somewhat improved if you could remove the feet and use spikes or wheels, but you can't. The head rotates smoothly and locks. The integrated handle makes moving it very easy. The tilt is not as smooth as the pan action, to be honest.

If you are looking for a light tripod to use with a camcorder to record your child's soccer match, this would be a great choice. Likewise, if you want something light to take into the field and use with a spotting scope or binoculars (up to 42 or 50mm objective), then this is the one that you want.