Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Doll Crafts (American Girl)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 2, 2009
Great idea for a crafty child. Kit does not come with everything needed to make all of the crafts, but extra supplies needed are everyday items. My daughter enjoys making the accessories more than playing with the doll.
VINE VOICEon February 23, 2010
This was my 8-yo daughter's favorite xmas present. She's spent hours making checker boards, wall papering a box for a doll house, making gift boxes, and picture frames for her dolls. For her birthday, she's asking for the other craft books in this series.
on February 9, 2010
I purchased this item for my daughter as a gift. She loved it. It is fun to have more hands on activities for children to do for and with their dolls.
on November 3, 2012
My 10 year old daughter loves American Girl dolls & has even more fun creating doll rooms for her dolls. This book had a lot of good craft ideas & includes plenty of "pre-cut" (need to pop the pieces out of the book pages) items. It kept her occupied for a few days over summer vacation. She enjoyed them by herself & did some with a friend.
I bought my granddaughter two AG craft sets for her 9th birthday but this was unquestionably the best. Just watching her look through things was priceless. I thought she'd be enthralled with the hair styling set which included a few hair 'tools' and a book of idea for different styles, but she took that in in seconds and moved to this set. The set includes many papers printed for various crafts from making cards to wallpaper. I was surprised that she looked over each and every sheet envisioning a finished product. I could see those little wheels turning as she decided how she would use each one.

She's a very practical child and not above being starkly honest about gifts :). She's learned to be gracious to the giver, but her level of interest is still apparent. This set offered numerous ideas plus room for her own interpretation. If the suggested use didn't appeal to her, she said so, but then considered another use she'd enjoy. Bottom line: there are so many different things suggested there's plenty of room for personal preferences.

When looking through the kit choices on Amazon with her earlier to get an idea of what she favored this didn't appear as a standout so I was taking a chance, but I really struck gold. While it seems a fairly simple set, all the pretty printed papers offer plenty of ideas and spurred her imagination as well. So far the hands down favorite set is the school set, but this is her next favorite.
on June 30, 2015
My 6-year-old daughter saw this American Girl Doll Crafts kit at Barnes & Noble and had to have it. She was using her own hard-earned money to buy it, and it was way cheaper at Amazon, so I taught her lessons in patience and thrift and went the Amazon route.

No wonder it was cheaper…the order I received included only the paperback book...there was no craft kit included!! The book is completely worthless without the kit. My daughter was very upset at the “bargain” she received.

As it turns out, the lesson was on me …learn to read the fine print…or so I thought. I went back to review my order and the back cover depicted in the “LOOK INSIDE!” images clearly implies that the purchase should have come with the kit. Where’s the kit?
on March 18, 2011
This is an amazing book. It is great for girls who love crafts and american girls. Although it doesn't have everything you need in the kit you will most likely have those things lying around your house. You can make many different crafts including a clock, a calendar, a game of checkers, a mirror, a bulletin board, a tissue box, a tea box, shadow boxes, and Much Much more. I am very glad that I bought this book. It is a MUST buy definitely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please at LEAST consider putting this on your shopping list. Great Job, AG!
on February 21, 2014
When it comes to American Girl dolls my daughter is more interested in creating their world than playing with them. This is perfect for her - she could spend hours cutting and pasting, making all sorts of tiny things for the dolls to use or to decorate their "rooms."
on December 14, 2012
The crafts could be too difficult for younger AG lovers. There are fun little items to make. My daughters favorite was a tissue box of all things! Cute ideas and getting it on sale made it that much better.
on November 23, 2012
I am anxious to get cracking on this book. A quick look thru was making me want to start right away. All pieces were uncut, and factory folded. Fast shipping, also. Very well pleased!
deesews4dolls