Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

Showing 1-10 of 257 reviews(4 star). See all 1,707 reviews
on July 24, 2014
I liked best that it was based on another true story of human intervention to save an animal damaged by human paraphernalia— in this case, deep sea fishing gear tangled in a dolphin's tail. I really liked knowing that something came out of this incident which benefited not only Winter, the dolphin who is still alive and thriving in an aquarium in Florida, according to a notice at the end of the film, but also other animals and humans, too, who have prosthetic limbs. "Necessity is the mother of invention." Well, in this case there was a large dose of compassion, too...

There's wonderful footage of the boy swimming with the dolphin, lucky young actor!
2 people found this helpful
on October 2, 2014
Great family movie, I am happy my daughter likes the movie so much. No swearing, name calling or questionable material. THANK YOU!!

I thought this would have an itunes digital copy, or a digital file on disk. It did not. It was a digital copy through a company that one must sign up for and download. I ended up giving it away to a friend (because it's such a good family friendly & educational movie) and bought it from iTunes to stream on our various devices.
on February 13, 2012
I'd prefer to rate this 4 1/2 stars. Most younger audiences would surely give it 5 and I can't argue with that. This is a feel- good film that's appropriate for the entire family. .It seems rare these days to find entertainment that you can relax and feel "safe" that the entire family can enjoy it and get some great laughs. Uplifting describes it best.

I'm sure this is just the kind of movie National Geographic would give a thumbs up for kids. I could see how such a film could draw youngsters toward studying marine life "online". My only minor complaint was I wish the movie gave a little more understanding into the meaning of the many communication sounds dolphins make. All in all...a great movie!Dolphin Tale.
on June 24, 2014
After we went to the Clearwater Aquarium with seeing Winter in mind, I decided to rent the movie when we got home. We first heard about Winter's saga at the aquarium and learned who REALLY "rescued" her. I can understand why Hollywood went with the "child finding the dolphin" over the actual person who is an adult. We also got to meet Hope and learned about her story and we are now looking forward to seeing her movie. Dolphin Tale 2. I would recommend this movie and I would also recommend going to the Clearwater Aquarium if you have an opportunity.
on March 24, 2012
I would have thought that I'm too much of a cynic to enjoy this sort of film. That said, I really did enjoy it. It had all the elements of a cotton candy fluff film (just like you'd expect from Disney), but this one worked for me. I think it was the uplifting message for people with disabilities for me. There were lots of positive messages addressing a wide range of issues (social, economic, environmental, etc). In the end, I'll say this: shed your cynical self for an evening and let yourself enjoy a good old fashioned tale of hope and dreams. This is a great one to that end.
on May 9, 2014
Dolphin tail is a very awesome good movie in my opinion it's a true story it really targeted at your heartstrings you're really pulling for the underdog the dolphin that has not tail he lost his tail in a horrible accident they tried to save his tail by saving him but they ended up having to cut his tail off to save his life but at the end of the movie he got a prosthetic tail which is really cool so you really pulling for the dolphin to pull through to see if he can live or not with he does live Which is very exciting indeed
|11 comment|Report abuse
on June 16, 2013
My daughter loves all movies about whales and dolphins. She really enjoyed this one, especially because this dolphin has something different about him - a prosthetic tale. Although my daughter does not have a prosthesis, she has a significant scar from childhood surgeries, about which she is extremely sensitive. It really did seem helpful to watch how this special dolphin, who wasn't whole or perfect, because such an inspiration for many.
on October 1, 2014
We need more movies like this ! I love when I can take my grandchildren to a movie where the story is true and wonderfully made. Harry Connick Jr. is great to see as are Ashley Judd, Morgan Freeman and Kris Kristofferson. The 2 new young actors were a delight. Mix all that with an axing dolphin and you have one fine picture.
on October 17, 2014
Good movie based on true events. Kids, animals, humor, uplifting . Not too "touching" for those who feel that they cry too easily like I do. Not gory or scary.

Exceeded expectations. 9 year old and I love it. It didn't make me cry and I'm one of the worst about that.
on March 16, 2017
Just watched it two nights ago with relatives from Tennessee visiting us here in Florida . They went to the Clearwater Marine Center while here .