- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: San Diego Museum of Art (October 27, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0937108340
- ISBN-13: 978-0937108345
- Product Dimensions: 10.5 x 0.9 x 10.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.7 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #381,219 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Domains of Wonder: Selected Masterworks of Indian Painting Paperback – October 27, 2005
Best Books of the Year So Far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
When aggregated, these texts--joined by the book's introduction on patrons, painters, and paintings--speak of a remarkable investment in expert scholarship and provide an outstanding tutorial. It goes without saying then that "Domains of Wonder" is a must-buy for those interested in the subcontinent's art history. The book will appeal as well to those interested in the Persian art that inspired the Mughal style in India. Last but not least, "Domains of Wonder" will delight readers of Orhan Pamuk's "My Name is Red," the novel about Islamic artists working to Persian painting standards in 16th-century Istanbul.