Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 33 reviews
on May 10, 2016
Bought this to keep medicine refrigerated on a road trip. Kept a constant temperature. You do need to turn it on for 15 mins before using so it's chilled. Once chilled we used it for five days straight in the car and hotel. Worked great! I love how it has a cable to plug into an outlet and a second cable for the car's cigarette lighter. It has an indicator light that lets you know it's working, which was helpful so we didn't have to keep opening it. The only problem we ran into was making sure the fan vent was not covered. Although it comes with a strap, it's not comfortable to carry. It is a bit heavy and bulky. Wouldn't recommend having to carry for a long time. Worth the price...gave us piece of mind that the medicine stayed chilled at a refrigerator temp!!
11 comment| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 24, 2016
I am a truck driver and have owned the Coleman thermoelectric coolers for years. I decided after many replacement cords and fans that I would spend a bit more and try the Dometic. The Dometic is great! It is slightly heavier and a bit smaller than the Colemen 40qt. The Dometic cooler is well built. The thermostat works well and it seems to be more efficient. The Dometic seems to use less power and plug does not heat up like my Coleman's did. It cools to a lower temperature than the Colemen.
on August 8, 2015
This item works exceedingly well in my Motorhome, for long distance trips. As a diabetic, I need to have snacks and drinks readability available when I do long trips, and this item sits next to me in the cockpit. It cools down quickly, and uses very little power. I also have one of these in my jeep, for when I go off-roading.
on August 17, 2015
Bought this to keep food warm for a family reunion 4 hours away. It worked great and chicken was warm instead of cold.
on March 27, 2017
Works great.
on March 21, 2016
Very happy with this unit. It works on 120 volts with the provided adaptor and in the car on 12 volts. It kept our perishables cold on a trip from Orlando to our home in Pennsylvania. We take it into our hotel room and in the carl
on June 4, 2016
This is the 4th thermo electric cooler/warmer that I've owned. It is well worth the premium in price that it commands over all the competition. To answer my own question - it is well insulated so even when not plugged in it will keep cool food cool for several hours.
on August 27, 2017
Very quiet fan compared to the cheap Coleman models. running 24/7 for months so far flawlessly. Worth paying more for quiet and quality over the cheap brands for sure!!
on December 1, 2016
Glad we found this. My son used it on a long road trip and was very pleased.
on July 29, 2017
no problems, worked as expected