Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 728 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 929 reviews
on July 15, 2016
Got it for my 10 yr old, she really likes it. I have only played it with her once, and it is a nice combination of being easy to figure out, while still being a challenge. Gameplay is broken up into smaller levels, each with a somewhat different method of play, adding something fresh as the game goes along. So far, from what I have seen, the actions the player needs to take to complete the level are fairly straightforward, the player just needs to figure out the proper timing and moves. My only gripe is that if she plays with her younger sister, the younger one can fall behind and lose a life. I have not figured out a way for her to 'float' and catch up with the older one without losing a life, like they can in Super Mario Bros.
on March 1, 2017
I feel weird reviewing a game on the Wii days away from the Switch coming out, but dor anyone who has a Wii and hasn't played this game yet (pretty sure it's also on the Wii U virtual console) really should. It will need the Wiimote and nunchuck, even the virtual console version.

If you played the first 3 DKC games on SNES, this is more than just nostalgia. It takes all of that and uses the Wii tech to it's full advantage. Nearly every level provides something new to the series and hardly anything is done twice in the game, which is very impressive. Just about every level has it's own feel and I even forgot how FUN a game could really be. This full-on reinvented the series and I feel bad for missing out in it when it came out.
on February 10, 2017
DO NOT BUY THIS. This is a bit of a scam. The item listing appears to show it as the regular non-Nintendo Select edition of the game, which has a higher value. However, when I ordered it, the edition that arrived is the Nintendo Selects edition. At first, I thought they'd sent me the wrong copy so I returned it, but the same thing happened again. If you're not a collector who cares about the edition of the game, you can buy the Nintendo Select version of the item which has a separate listing and IS CHEAPER here:
on April 4, 2013
We had the original Donkey Kong Country and this one is pretty cool, graphics are great, sometimes the game doesn't respond to the controller quite as quickly as it could, but after some practice it becomes possible at least. Anyway the wife loves it and we can play doubles, fun fun.
on January 27, 2014
I bought this game as a gift for my 8-year-old brother, and he loves it! This kid plays anything from CoD (I know, I know) to Lego to Mario. This game was spot on and a great addition to his repertoire. He has had this game for five weeks and he is still interested in playing it when he is permitted to play the Wii!
on October 24, 2016
Misled by the fact it would work with a WII U
on October 2, 2013
We've been having a blast with this game. The levels do get challenging (for us older folks), but you can make it through them. This is a fun two player game that requires some cooperation.
on March 22, 2017
Fun for the family.
on March 7, 2017
Who doesnt love Donkey Kong with a side of Diddy (Not P. Diddy) ? Loved it and worth every cent
on March 10, 2017
This item was bought for my nephew, he absolutely loves the game.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.