- Includes FREE MP3 version of this album Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Don't Forget” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 71% off the $9.98 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
About the Artist
In January 2007 she was cast as Charlotte Adams on the Disney Channel original series "As the Bell Rings," which aired later that summer, and for which she wrote and sang her own songs. Next she starred as Mitchie Torres in the Disney Channel original movie "Camp Rock," which premiered in June 2008. Ever the multi-tasker, Demi will soon begin production on her new Disney Channel original series, " Welcome to Mollywood," a fish-out-of-water comedy in which she plays a Wisconsin teen who comes to L.A. to star in her favorite TV show.
But music remains front and center for Demi. With the support of her family, she is ready for the next wave of fame and success. "I know myself enough to get me through any trials," she says. "I make mistakes, but my parents are there to get me through those mistakes and keep me staying positive."
Beautiful, talented, thoughtful and boundlessly enthusiastic, Demi Lovato is ready for the next chapter in her life. And she hopes her fans are ready to be there with her. "I want people to know me, and that I write about them. I'm human; your human, so lets relate."
Top Customer Reviews
Quite personally, I've found most Disney stars entertaining, but never vocally talented. Demi took the stereotype of Disney stars and literally smashed it.
With her extremely mature debut album, Demi Lovato has exemplified that talent runs in all ages. Even more impressive? She co-wrote most of the album, except for two, "Until You're Mine" and "The Middle".
Although most of the tracks were co-written with teen bombshells Jonas Brothers, one of the most ear pleasing tracks is one she wrote by herself entitled "Trainwreck". All the uptempo songs have a unique sense of fun, and each ballad is filled with heartfelt and personal lyrics. In the title track, "Don't Forget", you can cut the emotional tension with a knife.
The boys also come in for a great duet, which pretty much laid out every teenage breakup in a matter of 3 minutes and 26 seconds.
My personal favorites? Trainwreck, La La Land, On The Line, and Until You're Mine. =]
I suggest you try this album out, especially if you're a Disney fan. It will definitely redefine how you view "Disney stars".
So, here's my breakdown of each song:
1. La La Land - The reason I even bought the cd. I listened to some samples online after hearing this song and decided to be open-minded. Very fun, catchy song. Her voice is awesome. This is one of my favorites--just like the beat and how she sings the song.
2. Get Back - A song about wanting to be with someone when you're not. A universal theme if you ask me. She kind of sings the chorus in the way that Kelly Clarkson sings hers--with a lot of emotion and really kind of belts it. Good song.
3. Trainwreck - A song she wrote on her own (she co-wrote most of them). About a guy who is, as the title says, a trainwreck. But that is part of the appeal in him and why she loves him, flaws and all. Another good song.
4. Party - Has a pop-rock beat to it, and she sings appropriately here. Just a fun song, suitable for summer. Her voice sounds really good.
5. On the Line - This song features one of the Jonas Brothers, which it would be better without him. She sounds good, and the song really would be much better without him (in my opinion). About having a fight or breaking up and not wanting to take blame at the time, but feeling bad about it later.
6. Don't Forget - This song has a very vulnerable sound to it, especially the beginning. This song is about being forgotten and having your heart broken.Read more ›
Demi Lovato may be sweet, but her songs are more driven by her individual human emotions than any other of her counterparts right now (Miley Cyrus, The Cheetah Girls, etc.). She's not afraid to talk about being heartbroken and talk about human relationships. While some of her songs are more on the pop side (probably to appease Disney), the rock edge is undeniable on most tracks. Her songs are universal. Pre-teens will love them and older people can relate to them. It's almost impossible to pick your favorite track off this album. It's one of those rare ones that you can listen to all the way through and not be bored. I love Demi.
This might come as a shock-and-awe to fans of Disney's current pop maven Miley Cyrus, but truth be told Demi bolts out catchy, youth inspired tunes better then her Hannah Montana counter part and as an added bonus she dose all this without the country twang.
The album opens with a sugar and spice coated gum drop entitled "La La Land," and continues to amaze with rock induced "Trainwreck," which propels Demi's vocals into mysterious quasi-alt territory. Jonas sibs Nick and Joe (who co-wrote the album with Demi) croon on, "On the Line," giving the song that Camp Rock final jam appeal. While bouncy, well paced, boy inspired songs such as "Don't forget," (the song that shares the albums title), "Gonna Get Caught," and "The Middle," have the potential to bandage broken hearts of tween girls everywhere. And if that's not enough the finale song "Believe In Me," brings the album home with an inspirational ballad on just being yourself at the end of the day that will reassure the Mitchie Torres in all of us.
So in short if you're a Miley fan you'll love or hate Demi even more because "Don't Forget," is a bubblegum contender guaranteed to dethrone any similar sounding musical mogul, who is delusional enough in thinking that she still has a chance in the Magic Kingdom of holding on to her tween-pop-star crown and microphone scepter.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I enjoyed this CD. Demi Lovato is a very talented singer and her songs are true to today's pop music. Read morePublished 10 days ago by Nancy
I liked this item it was nice quality not to mention I like the music. I am pleased with the quick delivery and shipping I had no problem with this item.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
my daughter was very happy when I gave him this record, uses it almost daily, is a good gift.Published 5 months ago by gabrielmr
A quite adequate album with tracks that are generally fun and relationship-oriented. Pop rock music with varied tempos. I love it.
4. Read more
My daughters just love this cd, It will probably be worn out in less than a year as often as they play it.Published 17 months ago by Luv 2 Shop!