Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Don't Forget
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 23, 2008
I don't think anyone really expected much of this 16 year old girl when they heard she was going to be side by side with the Jonas Brothers for the huge Disney success, Camp Rock. Boy, were those people proven wrong.

Quite personally, I've found most Disney stars entertaining, but never vocally talented. Demi took the stereotype of Disney stars and literally smashed it.

With her extremely mature debut album, Demi Lovato has exemplified that talent runs in all ages. Even more impressive? She co-wrote most of the album, except for two, "Until You're Mine" and "The Middle".

Although most of the tracks were co-written with teen bombshells Jonas Brothers, one of the most ear pleasing tracks is one she wrote by herself entitled "Trainwreck". All the uptempo songs have a unique sense of fun, and each ballad is filled with heartfelt and personal lyrics. In the title track, "Don't Forget", you can cut the emotional tension with a knife.

The boys also come in for a great duet, which pretty much laid out every teenage breakup in a matter of 3 minutes and 26 seconds.

My personal favorites? Trainwreck, La La Land, On The Line, and Until You're Mine. =]

I suggest you try this album out, especially if you're a Disney fan. It will definitely redefine how you view "Disney stars".
33 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2009
So, I felt a little weird buying this cd because I felt like I was too old to be listening to her (I'm 23). But... I really liked 'La La Land' so I went for it. First of all, her voice is really good. She doesn't really sound like anyone else out there that I have heard. Her voice is very distinguishable if you hear it. I should also say here that I am not a fan of Miley Cyrus or the Jonas Brothers.
So, here's my breakdown of each song:

1. La La Land - The reason I even bought the cd. I listened to some samples online after hearing this song and decided to be open-minded. Very fun, catchy song. Her voice is awesome. This is one of my favorites--just like the beat and how she sings the song.

2. Get Back - A song about wanting to be with someone when you're not. A universal theme if you ask me. She kind of sings the chorus in the way that Kelly Clarkson sings hers--with a lot of emotion and really kind of belts it. Good song.

3. Trainwreck - A song she wrote on her own (she co-wrote most of them). About a guy who is, as the title says, a trainwreck. But that is part of the appeal in him and why she loves him, flaws and all. Another good song.

4. Party - Has a pop-rock beat to it, and she sings appropriately here. Just a fun song, suitable for summer. Her voice sounds really good.

5. On the Line - This song features one of the Jonas Brothers, which it would be better without him. She sounds good, and the song really would be much better without him (in my opinion). About having a fight or breaking up and not wanting to take blame at the time, but feeling bad about it later.

6. Don't Forget - This song has a very vulnerable sound to it, especially the beginning. This song is about being forgotten and having your heart broken. About 2.5 minutes into the song, she really breaks it down and the beat picks up, before slowing down again. Another good song.

7. Gonna Get Caught - A little more upbeat than Don't Forget. About a guy who is basically playing games (that is something any girl can relate to). The chorus is very catchy and upbeat and sticks in your head (which is something that reminds me of Kelly Clarkson's songs). A good one.

8. Two Worlds Collide - A song about a friendship. This is kind of a typical song that teenagers tend to sing. It's not a bad song, but it's not super either. It reminds me somewhat of Ashlee Simpson's 'Giving It All Away' on her first cd (obviously with very different sounding voices).

9. The Middle - This is one that she didn't write on her own. The song starts out a little slower, then it picks up. I actually really like this song. It's really fun to sing along to.

10. Until Your Mine - The grammar freak in me hates that she uses the incorrect form of 'your' (it should be 'you're'), but besides that... The song is a little slower, but the chorus picks up. The chorus is very catchy and she gives it a lot, like most of her other songs. This song is about wanting someone and being willing to do whatever it takes to get them.

11. Believe In Me - A little slower, but the chorus, once again, is catchy, a little more upbeat, and fun to sing along to. About self-esteem and trying to be yourself and believe in yourself. This is something I think many people can relate to, but especially young people when they're trying to find themselves. I really like this song.

12. Behind Enemy Lines (*bonus track) - A different beat. Good song. She sounds a little more soulful when singing this song. I really like this song, which is good since I bought the deluxe edition for this bonus track (the other is in spanish, which I don't speak).

All in all, I really enjoy her voice. It is very good, and she can really belt it out, but doesn't do that too much on this cd (which disappoints me, but I know that some people don't like that). She co-wrote most of the songs, which is awesome. She is 16 and sometimes that is reflected a little bit, but I think that she will definitely have more to show in the future as an artist as she and her music mature. Just think, Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake started out on the Disney channel. And Britney, who is a great entertainer (maybe not as musically gifted as Christina and Justin)... Anyway the cd is definitely worth checking out.
on December 13, 2008
I'll just come straight out and say that I'm a tried and true Jonas Brothers fan. I'm absolutely, positively in love with their music. I'm one of those screaming teenage girls that stands out in the summer heat, rain, or snow to see them play; the ones on TV that people laugh at because of their intense dedication. I've seen them six times, and three of those times, a 16 year old girl named Demi Lovato opened. Going to my first Burning Up show, I'll have to admit I was a bit skeptical of her. I had seen her in Camp Rock only a few days before (which I'll admit wasn't the greatest) and I didn't really know what to expect. I wondered what exactly she was going to sing besides her songs from Camp Rock. I thought she was going to be just another sickly sweet, sugar tart popstar that Disney concoted in their popstar machine. Boy, was I wrong. When she came out on stage, her stage presence and powerful music were endearing. She strutted around the stage singing her rock driven compositions with the poise and grace of someone who had been doing it for years. A couple months later, her album came out. I bought it the day it came out and was immediately hooked.

Demi Lovato may be sweet, but her songs are more driven by her individual human emotions than any other of her counterparts right now (Miley Cyrus, The Cheetah Girls, etc.). She's not afraid to talk about being heartbroken and talk about human relationships. While some of her songs are more on the pop side (probably to appease Disney), the rock edge is undeniable on most tracks. Her songs are universal. Pre-teens will love them and older people can relate to them. It's almost impossible to pick your favorite track off this album. It's one of those rare ones that you can listen to all the way through and not be bored. I love Demi.
on September 26, 2008
Former side-kick turned songstress, Demi Lovato started her Disney channel career as nothing more then Salina Gomez's best friend for life; but thanks to the success of camp rock and a collaboration with the Jonas Brothers this 16-year-old is on her way to being the next big princess of pop.

This might come as a shock-and-awe to fans of Disney's current pop maven Miley Cyrus, but truth be told Demi bolts out catchy, youth inspired tunes better then her Hannah Montana counter part and as an added bonus she dose all this without the country twang.

The album opens with a sugar and spice coated gum drop entitled "La La Land," and continues to amaze with rock induced "Trainwreck," which propels Demi's vocals into mysterious quasi-alt territory. Jonas sibs Nick and Joe (who co-wrote the album with Demi) croon on, "On the Line," giving the song that Camp Rock final jam appeal. While bouncy, well paced, boy inspired songs such as "Don't forget," (the song that shares the albums title), "Gonna Get Caught," and "The Middle," have the potential to bandage broken hearts of tween girls everywhere. And if that's not enough the finale song "Believe In Me," brings the album home with an inspirational ballad on just being yourself at the end of the day that will reassure the Mitchie Torres in all of us.

So in short if you're a Miley fan you'll love or hate Demi even more because "Don't Forget," is a bubblegum contender guaranteed to dethrone any similar sounding musical mogul, who is delusional enough in thinking that she still has a chance in the Magic Kingdom of holding on to her tween-pop-star crown and microphone scepter.
44 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2008
Okay, first off, I will admit that I'm NOT a Disney fan. The Disney people know now is a little past my generation. I never really liked Miley Cyrus, I thought Camp Rock was a bad movie, and I can't really get into the Jonas Bros. So to say the least, I was skeptical.

I heard her single, "Get Back" because it was on the radio and I liked it. I downloaded the song, but I never considered getting her entire album until recently. Now, I've been playing it non-stop practically.

The best thing about her is that her lyrics are not specialized towards a particular population. There are obvious lines that are supposed to appeal to her Disney audience (wearing converses in "La La Land"), but songs like "Don't Forget" have no targeted audience. It could be a song about a middle-aged couple and I don't think you would have noticed if it wasn't a teenage girl singing it. She balances maturity and adolescence very well.

I'll admit that the second half of the album that is more sappier, and is not as enjoyable as the first half, but "Believe in Me" does showcase her voice, which is actually pretty nice.

Best tracks: La La Land, Trainwreck, and Don't Forget. The duet with the Jonas Bros is also great.

Track that could have been better: "The Middle." If there is one song you don't download, I guess it would be this. It's one of those mediocre songs. It's not really upbeat, but it's not a ballad either. It just gets lost in the rest of the album.

But anyway, this album is definitely worth a listen...especially if you're not a Disney fan.
on April 2, 2009
I have decided I like her voice. Her screams are wonderful. The DVD is as described, and contains a very touching live perf at the Wiltern of "Dont Forget". In the middle of the song, she throws her hair up over her face. Really cool! She also talks to fans waiting in line at the concert, and they dont even recognize her. Watching the DVD, you find out she is nice and down to earth. Demi: Dont ever change. I for one wont forget you!
on March 17, 2009
Watch out Miley Cyrus- you have a run for your money.

Most people remember Demi Lovato from the hit Disney Channel movie, Camp Rock. With her debut album, we see how vocally gifted this girl is.

I love how she can effortlessly use her voice to emphasize the most important lyrics in a song. Her singing and her lyrics can empower you ("Believe in Me"). They can also make you feel her sadness ("Don't Forget"). She puts emotion into her singing, and you can feel her pain or happiness.

This is a CD I haven't stopped listening to since it was released. My favorite songs include: Trainwreck, The Middle, and La La Land.

In my opinion, Demi won't fade out like those other Disney Stars. I think we can expect great things from this new rising Disney star, and I think she's here to stay.
on April 23, 2009
So, here's my breakdown of each song:

on August 14, 2016
I enjoyed this CD. Demi Lovato is a very talented singer and her songs are true to today's pop music. This CD was ordered along with two other Demi Lovato CDs, all of which arrived as promised and packaged very well by the seller. She has a beautiful and lovely voice and I would recommend her music to anyone.
on October 26, 2008
I didn't think Demi would have this awesome of a CD from her preformance in Camp Rock. She was good, but I thought her songs would be more like This is Me (from Camp Rock), boy was I wrong. She has an amazing voice, I really like it. Every song is so good. There isn't any that I have to skip over, they are all just so good. If you aren't going to buy this CD because you think because Demi is a Disney girl she'll be like Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus I encourage you to buy this CD, she is way better than Hannah Montana.